Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    That gives us some options!

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cbenson5
    Baez is in the option year of his contract. He was signed to a two year 6.45 million dollar contract (2004/05) with a four million dollar option for 2006.
    All righty then. Looks like he's not coming back, then.

Leave a comment:

• cbenson5
    replied
    Baez is in the option year of his contract. He was signed to a two year 6.45 million dollar contract (2004/05) with a four million dollar option for 2006.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    If I remember correctly, Baez's contract calls for him to stay with the Braves next season.

Leave a comment:

• cbenson5
    replied
    I think signing Wickman (over Baez) should be our number one priority in the offseason. We definitely need to add at least one (hopefully more) middle relievers. Maybe if a couple of our injured players could step up and have good seasons next year, we could have a good bullpen. Our lineup will stay the same unless we add a leadoff hitter, which I don't think is likely. With Hampton making his return, we should have a good rotation.

Something like:

Smoltz
    Hudson
    Hampton
    James
    Davies

I think if we have the potential for a good team next year if we can improve our bullpen.

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    I really can't bash Baez, he has only had the bad outing from Tuesday and he has been a reliable setup man. Is he really worth re-signing though?

Leave a comment:

• cbenson5
    replied
    I just read that Danys Baez underwent an appendectomy last night. He will be out until September 7.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    At this rate, the Braves will finish around, say... 73-89. Considering we lose 2 out of 3 at home and 22 of our last 36 games are there.

Leave a comment:

• grizzly451
    replied
    The number of games blown by the bullpen says it all. 17 games! That is horrible. Now even under the best conditions the pen is going to lose a few games, but 17 games...to me that is what has cost the Braves not just the wildcard but the division.

Just add 17 wins to the Braves current record, what do you get? A team that is 76-50 instead of 59-67. That would put the Braves right up on the Mets tail. Heck throw in a decent bullpen and I'd bet the Braves would still be at least be 68 or 70 wins, still tops in the wildcard race.

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    There's not much to say right now. This is just terrible. Our playoff hopes are pretty much gone.
    It hurts to agree with you on this one, but the season is done.

Leave a comment:

• Tomahawk Dynasty
    replied
    There's not much to say right now. This is just terrible. Our playoff hopes are pretty much gone.
    I'm glad you said it so I don't have to.

I thought .500 ball would be good enough on September 3rd to make a run for it. Now I feel icky cause I've watched them all season this year, like I have every year for over 20 years.

I just couldn't take another game that had a score card like this:
    Others 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0
    Braves 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0

I know that's not the scorecard, but you get where I'm going.

Leave a comment:

• cbenson5
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomahawk Dynasty
    Reds lost today. We can get right back to where we were. Good things.

Reds play SF and the Dodgers next. The Dodgers swept them at the beginning of the month.

We have tackle Washington and then smash SF to be anywhere close.

I have a prediction: September 3rd the Braves will be at .500
    Will .500 be good enough?

Leave a comment:

• Tomahawk Dynasty
    replied
    Reds lost today. We can get right back to where we were. Good things.

Reds play SF and the Dodgers next. The Dodgers swept them at the beginning of the month.

We have tackle Washington and then smash SF to be anywhere close.

I have a prediction: September 3rd the Braves will be at .500

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X