• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the Wrap up and Box Score.

Wrap- UP

Box Score
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Davies pitched a huge game for us tonight. Great to see the kid step up like that in an important game on a big stage. He is going to be a good one for a long time.
      Let's go Braves!!

Comment

• Davies just really locked up his spot for the whole season tonight ,if there was any doubt. I can't wait till the Braves give up on Horacio and slide good ol' Chuck James into the rotation.

Comment

• I'm posing a question, if Reitsma blows some more games at closer, might we stick Villarreal in that position?

Comment

• Thompson, Villarreal, James OH MY!

You gotta love Thompson, he was given a stiff one by the Braves this spring. He belongs in the rotation - check out what these guys have been saying about Thompson ALL YEAR LONG - http://www.bravesoxtalk.com/I-85_Club.html

Bravo to the Disorderly Orderly - James over Ramirez, ANY DAY. I'm not sure James is ready, but he is far better than Ramirez. I've never understood the Braves fascination with Ramirez - soft tossing lefty with no Ks, too many walks, and too many HRs.

Villarreal in the bullpen? Sure its possible, but don't get too crazy yet. Reitsma gets too hard of a time from everyone. I'm not saying he's lights out, but he's far from the Braves biggest problem - this year, last year, or any year.
            Let the season move on and see what shakes out, I think just about anyone in the Braves Bullpen has a shot at being a decent closer, but my personal favorite is McBride. Once he's back and healty we will all be treated to his + fastball and nasty slider, he could easily be another Billy Wagner...

Great "interview" with John Smoltz right here
            http://www.bravesoxtalk.com/I-85_Club.html

Comment

• [QUOTE=Eugenious]

Bravo to the Disorderly Orderly - James over Ramirez, ANY DAY. I'm not sure James is ready, but he is far better than Ramirez. I've never understood the Braves fascination with Ramirez - soft tossing lefty with no Ks, too many walks, and too many HRs.

[QUOTE]

Thanks Eugenious, Oh and Welcome to the Forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eugenious

Thanks Eugenious, Oh and Welcome to the Forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
                  I've never understood the Braves fascination with Ramirez - soft tossing lefty with no Ks, too many walks, and too many HRs.
                  The word "lefty" pretty much sums up the heart of the clubs love of Ramirez. If he were a right handed pitcher no way they would have kept him around this long.

In other news Giles hurt his finger in that game sliding into second base, I only mention it since Giles actually left the game because of it in the 7th. Since he normally plays with problems like that it must have really bothered him.

Andruw is also leading the majors with 22 rbi's so far, Pujols is second with 20.
                  Last edited by grizzly451; 04-19-2006, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Great pitching duel, Hudson vs. Glavine.

Hudson took a perfect game into the 6th and a shutout into the 9th, ended with a a complete game.
                    Glavine pitched well too, giving up 2 runs, only on earned.
                    Notes:
                    David Wright committed all 3 Met errors, Brian Jordan committed one for the Braves.
                    Tony Pena Jr played awesome defense filling in for Renteria, you'll probably see him on ESPN a couple times tonight.

Box:
                    Code:
                    Atlanta	AB	R	H	RBI	2B	3B	HR	W	K	AVG
                    Orr	4	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	2	.192
                    Betemit	4	0	0	1	0	0	0	0	0	.275
                    Diaz	4	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	.200
                    Langerhans 0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	.333
                    Jones	4	1	1	1	0	0	1	0	1	.317
                    Francoeur 4	0	2	0	0	0	0	0	0	.215
                    Jordan	3	0	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	.333
                    LaRoche	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	.259
                    Pratt	3	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	2	.250
                    Pena	3	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	.000
                    Hudson	2	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	.125
                    Totals	32	2	4	2	0	0	1	0	5
                    Code:
                    Atlanta	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	ERA
                    Hudson	9.0	3	1	1	1	6	0	6.08

NY Mets	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	ERA
                    Glavine	8.0	4	2	1	0	5	1	1.38
                    Heilman	1.0	0	0	0	0	0	0	3.38
                    Last edited by jwkfs; 04-19-2006, 12:11 PM.
                    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• I followed most of the game via internet gamechannel at work, I hate that I couldn't have actually seen it. Sounded like it would have been a great one to catch.

Both pitchers were definitely in top form today thats for sure. With Glavine pitching I'm glad he didn't get the win, and glad he didn't get smashed. He has certainly made some adjustments to the Braves lineup the last few outings, basically getting better each time.

Andruw must be really motivated this season for an MVP he is just raking right now. ML leading 23 rbi's this month already and there is still over a week to go!

Comment

• 8 Homers!!! 23 RBI!!! GO BRAVES!!! Tim Hudson pitched awesome today. It wouldn't have shocked me if he threw a perfect games.

Winning this series definitely sent a message to the Mets. We were mostly injured. To put it in perspective, our whole infield was back-ups in the final games.

Comment

• Was Marcus Giles out of today's game?
                          2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                            Was Marcus Giles out of today's game?
                            Yea, Orr filled in today. Swollen/stiff left middle finger. X-rays didn't show a fracture, but possible ligament damage. He plans on having an MRI in Atlanta tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Doesn't Andruw have 5 HRs in the last 4 games? The more starters we lose, the more Andruw steps it up. Amazing.

When is Chipper due back? Last I heard he was put on the 15-day DL after that injury going for an infield ball out west. Is that still about where things stand with him??

Comment

• Originally posted by forznoles
                                Doesn't Andruw have 5 HRs in the last 4 games? The more starters we lose, the more Andruw steps it up. Amazing.

When is Chipper due back? Last I heard he was put on the 15-day DL after that injury going for an infield ball out west. Is that still about where things stand with him??
                                Never mind - answered my own question:

Player News from ROTOWIRE
                                Apr. 19
                                News: Jones (sprained right knee and ankle) has been able swing from both sides of the plate and hasn't had any problems with lateral movement. He's expected to be ready when eligible to return from the DL on Tuesday, the team's official web site reports.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X