2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sosa's got 1 shot left at the rotation

From the Braves website:With Thursday's scheduled off-day, Cox took advantage of the opportunity to adjust his starting rotation. Kyle Davies, who tossed his first career complete game on Tuesday, will take Jorge Sosa's turn in the rotation and pitch on regular rest during Sunday night's series finale against the Nationals.

Sosa, who hasn't lasted five innings in any of his first three starts, will pitch with seven days of rest on Tuesday. When Cox informed the struggling right-hander of the decision, Sosa responded favorably and even told the veteran skipper that he'd come out of the bullpen if necessary on Wednesday afternoon.
    That's the first stoke of removing him I'd bet on that. Cox probably just wants to see another solid start from Davies, maybe decide if he wants to let James try out for the spot, before bumping him. Definitely when Ramierz gets back though.

Sosa telling Cox he'd be willing to come out of the bullpen pretty much paves the way for it too.

Comment

• It's a good thing the Braves didn't get rid of John Thomson, because now he'll return to the rotation.
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Braves are calling up Prado since Giles and Renteria are hurt.

Link
        Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Braves lose 7 to 3

Man, Soriano was smoking in that game. Hitting 3 homeruns, 2 of them on Smoltz. Smoltz said the first one was a terrible pitch, but that the second one was a ball, so he tipped his hat to him for hitting it out.

Smoltz wasn't horrible, 7 hits, 3 earned runs, allowed in 5.0 innings, the bullpen scattered out the other 4 runs. Ken Ray was the only reliever that went out that didn't give up at least a run. Clearly though Smoltz was not his usual self. It was the first time since 1999 that someone hit 2 homers off of Smoltz in the same game.

McCann had a pretty solid game, he was the only guy in the lineup to get more then 1 hit during the game. Orr hit another triple for his sole hit.

Can you really count this as a game the bullpen blew? Hard for me to say, but they sure didn't help.

boxscore

Comment

• Braves Vs. Nats

I have to agree with you Grizzly, its tough to call this a game the bullpen blew. Technically, yes they did, but with Smoltz only pitching 5 innings and giving up three runs, it wasnt even a quality start.

The downpour in the 8th inning certainly didnt help.

I have to say, I couldnt help but be concerned for Smoltz last night. He was laboring from the first pitch, and there was just something about the way he walked around the mound and the way he carried himself that, if i was pessimistic, would make me believe he may have something bothering him.

It was a cold wet night, so I'm sure thats what it was, and Bobby did a good job taking him out when he did, there was no point in leaving Smoltz in the game any longer.

Game 2 tonight, and the "stopper" John Thompson is on the mound. The Nats are going down...

Comment

• Oh Yeah...Prado

If you guys want to read anything about Prado check this out:

http://bravesoxtalk.com/I-85_Club.html

Also - They've updated the Stats page with some cool content...

http://bravesoxtalk.com/85_Stats.html

Comment

• I wouldn't call the game a bullpen blow, more like just an unlucky bullpen night. Cormier had been superb, but then he threw a pretty okay pitch to Ryan Church that got stuck in the corner, normally this would have been a double, or even a single with Frenchy's arm, but Church can run so he managed out a triple. Then Cormier gave up a walk, the they called in Remlinger to pitch, he didn't do that bad, the pitch he threw over the backstop had to be rain induced, and that probably ruined his mind-set, then Villarreal came in and finally he was pretty off and gave up the homer to Soriano. But then you have to give Soriano credit, because he had hit 2 previous homers that night. So i wouldn't call it a blow, just an unlucky night.

Plus going into the 8th inning the Braves had pretty much lost the game anyway, so it's not like we were dominating them the whole night.

Comment

• If there is any positive to this loss it's that the mets lost also, so we're still just 3.5 out of 1st.

Comment

• Trade Idea if Reitsma starts struggling.

Rangers get Chris Reitsma and Jorge Sosa.

Braves get Francisco Cordero.

Cordero hasn't been great this season, but he'd be an upgrade over Reitsma, plus he could get on track with pitching coach Roger McDowell. Sosa is just thrown in to give the Rangers more options.

Just an Idea. It'd have to be done after Horacio comes back.

Comment

• Another positive to last night's loss...

How about Tony Pena Jr.'s Defense!!! WOW !!!

Comment

• April 22nd game postponed

THE GAME HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN AND WILL BE RESCHEDULED ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 AT 7:05 PM EDT.

Caps isn't mine, I just copied and pasted.

I know I'm lazy

Comment

• Darn... I was hoping we might get a double header tomorrow.

Comment

• Just wanted to congratulate Bobby Cox on getting 2100 wins. What a milestone !!!

Comment

• Let's hope the Brave's will not be a failure this year. Let's all predict their record by 30 games. My prediction 17-13.
                              Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• My prediction is 16 and 14 after 30 games.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X