No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,000 posts way to go you are now a veteran!!!
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• Thanks HA86, much appreciated.
      Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• I'll say you're more of a veteran because of the quality not the quantity.
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Thanks also ABF, really appreciated

According to this the Braves have signed former big leaguer Wayne Franklyn and he'll be at AAA.

Link

You have to go down to where it is titled "Around The System".

Comment

• From Dave O'Brien at AJC.com there is very litlle rain, and the game shall start on time tonight.

Comment

• Martin Prado gets his first start tonight. The Braves (and really Bobby Cox) is high on this kid. They say he can play all infield positions and is very good defensively. But don't start thinking Jesse Garcia, no this kid can hit. He's hit around .290 in the minors, and was hitting well at AA when we called him up.

He's not Yunel Escobar or Elvis Andrus , but he could develope into a very solid mjor leauger. He's between 5''11 and 6''1 at 170 lbs. Which means he's pretty light and has pretty good range. He has okay power. He's 22, which is 2 years younger than Pena, and he can hit much better than Pena.

Welcome to the bigs Martin Prado!!! Good Luck on having a great 1st game!!!
              Last edited by Go Bravos!!!#1; 04-23-2006, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
                He's between 5''1 and 6''1 at 170 lbs.
                That's a pretty wide range
                Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
                  Martin Prado gets his first start tonight. The Braves (and really Bobby Cox) is high on this kid. They say he can play all infield positions and is very good defensively. But don't start thinking Jesse Garcia, no this kid can hit. He's hit around .290 in the minors, and was hitting well at AA when we called him up.

He's not Yunel Escobar or Elvis Andrus , but he could develope into a very solid mjor leauger. He's between 5''1 and 6''1 at 170 lbs. Which means he's pretty light and has pretty good range. He has okay power. He's 22, which is 2 years younger than Pena, and he can hit much better than Pena.

Welcome to the bigs Martin Prado!!! Good Luck on having a great 1st game!!!
                  Elvis Andrus will be very good I hear along with Saltalamacchia.
                  Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• Originally posted by jwkfs
                    That's a pretty wide range
                    I'm sorry I meant 5"11 to 6"1.

Comment

• He just hit a triple and then Betemit homered!!! We're up 3-1 at the moment and they just brought in Reitsma. Good Luck Chris!!! :atthepc

Comment

• Chris has given up a hit to Ryan Zimmerman and has now struck out Jose Guillen.
                        Peter Gammons is now talking about the Braves bullpen on ESPN.
                        Last edited by Go Bravos!!!#1; 04-23-2006, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Braves WIN !!! 3-1 Over the Nats. Thomson pitched a very good game. Cormier gets the win. Reitsma pitched... but they brought in Remlinger to get out of the predicament. And...they won!!!

Comment

• Here's the Recap and Box Score.

Recap

Box Score

Comment

• Braves are now only 3.0 games out of 1st since the Mets lost. We get our record back up to .500 at 9-9 and Remlinger gets his first save. When they brought in Reitsma in the 8th I thought it was a silent way of moving him into the middle relief role. And then they were moving Villarreal into the closer's role. But I guess that isn't the case.

I've said it before I'll say it again, Reitsma cannot close effectively.
                              Last edited by Go Bravos!!!#1; 04-23-2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Braves let Damian Moss go. At least they gave him a shot.

Link

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X