2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow we are moving along quickly.

With last night's pitching, every member of the bullpen has an ERA. under 4 (a big deal to me:gt ) , except for Reitsma who raised his. So everybody in the bullpen is pitching well except for our closer.

Can I now ask... are we going to leave the weakest link of our bullpen in the closers position? :noidea
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• And for your viewing pleasure here are the stats of our bullpen...

Name.............W...L...ERA...G....IP.......BB..K ..SV

Ken Ray..........0...0...3.00...9...9.0......6...8...0
      Chuck James...0....0...2.45...6..11.0.....4...6...0
      Lance Cormier..1...1...2.92...12..12.1....9...5...0
      Mike Remlinger..1...1...3.68...13..7.1.....2...5...1
      Oscar Villarreal..4...0...1.80..10..10.0....3...5...0

Chris Reitsma...0...1...6.48....7....8.1....1...3...4

Now barring Reitsma it's pretty good.

Comment

• So with the Braves now being 9-13, that matches their worse start to a season since 1990, which was obviously the year before the division streak started. Kind of an ill omen isn't it?

Pretty sure thats right, I've about always thought of the Braves as a better team in the second half and like Bravos said the games have been good, most of them close.

I'd still like to see Chuck James with a shot at the rotation, Ramirez just always worries me when he pitches.
        Last edited by grizzly451; 04-29-2006, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
          Can I now ask... are we going to leave the weakest link of our bullpen in the closers position? :noidea

So is Villarreal the obvious choice right? Moving him to close, and Reitsma as setup?

I'd say it would be worth trying.

Comment

• That omen is too ill

I'm not scared yet because I remember back to 2004 when we were under
            .500 in June. And we made a huge rush at the 2nd half of the season. We just need to stay around 4 games back and when we get hot we'll have to stay hot. But obviously getting swept by the Brewers is not going to cut it.
            But we did lose all of those games by just a few runs, never a blowout.

And totally agree Grizzly, I think James would be awesome in the rotation. I'd just hope his absence from the bullpen would have any effect on the effectiveness of it.

I do believe we have to win this Mets series.

Comment

• ...Durring last night's game I had no idea Smoltzie struck out 10...

Comment

• Bad news guys. I'm going to the Brave's game tomorrow. That may sound like good news until you here this. I am going with my neighbors, which still doesn't sound bad but listen to this........ THEY'RE METS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I sinned in the name of the Brave's god .
                Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• What was up with Pratt pinch hitting for McCann in last night's game? You have a based loaded bottom of the 9th situation and you pinch hit for your hottest hitter...with your backup catcher??

What was Bobby thinking? Favorable match-up or not, why take out McCann for Pratt??

I didn't see last night's game but read the wrap-up and couldn't believe that had happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
                    And totally agree Grizzly, I think James would be awesome in the rotation. I'd just hope his absence from the bullpen would have any effect on the effectiveness of it.

I've thought of the effect on the bullpen if James went to the rotation Bravos. Ramirez could always try his luck in the bullpen too. Then I saw this, check out the stats of the Mississippi Braves (AA) bullpen staff. I just copied and pasted this from talkingchop.com.

They've actually got a mini-update of how the Braves farm system is doing if anyone is interested in that.
                    Will Startup continues his great work in relief, and has now pitched 10.2 innings without allowing a run. He's only given up six hits and one walk while striking out 16! Perhaps they should promote the entire Mississippi bullpen of Startup (0.00), Manny Acosta (0.93), Glenn Tucker (1.50), Paul Bush (1.84), Phil Stockman (0.00), and Brad Baker (0.00).
                    Will Startup - 10.2 innings, 16Ks, 1BB and only 6 hits allowed is a nice line.
                    Last edited by grizzly451; 04-29-2006, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Glavine's gonna get a lot of boo's tonight...

Comment

• If we look back at the games Reitsma has pitched, he has blown one game and took the Braves out of one (last night). We are really blowing up his inconsistencies. I haven't really had a problem with him this year.

Now go ahead with the beating.
                        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAaron86
                          Bad news guys. I'm going to the Brave's game tomorrow. That may sound like good news until you here this. I am going with my neighbors, which still doesn't sound bad but listen to this........ THEY'RE METS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I sinned in the name of the Brave's god .
                          Hello...!!!! Did you read what I posted???

Comment

• BRAVES LOSE 1-0 !!!

Comment

• How can we continue to be sp unlucky. Frankly now I'm ticked. Thomson pitches a great game, makes 1!!! mistake and loses the ballgame over it, now really what the heck is up with that, our bullpen continues to pitch great, and our offense continues to decline. I think the last time Giles got a hit was when Hoover was president.

I think Terry Pendleton oughta look into getting the Braves some juice, because frankly they've earned it.

Now that I have that rant out of the way we are currently 5 games under .500 and what now...7games out of first. i ddon't know if I could get anymore happy.
                              Last edited by Go Bravos!!!#1; 04-30-2006, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• And here is an update on the stats of our bullpen. Even though the team has lagged, they have kept it together (Of couse except for our mainstay good ol' Chris "The Son of Daniel Kolb" Reitsma).

Name.............W...L...ERA...G....IP.......BB..K ..SV

Ken Ray..........0...0...3.00...9...9.0......6...8...0
                                Chuck James...0....0...2.45...6..11.0.....4...6...0
                                Lance Cormier..1...1...2.70...13..13.1....9...5...0
                                Mike Remlinger..1...1...3.24...14..8.1.....2...5...1
                                Oscar Villarreal..4...0...1.74..11..10.1....3...5...0

Chris Reitsma...0...1...6.48....7....8.1....1...3...4

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X