No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reitsma had a very good ninth. BRAVES WIN 5-4!!! Sosa had a ...Sosa outing. Giles had 4 hits. Renteia continued his hit streak to 17 this season and 18 overall. Our bullpen was great. Cormier and Villareal were clutch. Make that 3 wins in a row for the braves,...and a change of the Avatar for ABF. Mets also lose. So we are now only 5 out.
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Here's the Wrap and Box.

Box

Wrap

Comment

• Sweet game for my fantasy outfield -- Hawpe, Holiday, and Francoeour. Good win for the Braves. Sosa gave up three home runs, but pitched well except for the home runs.

Still, I'd like to see James or someone else take over Sosa's spot in the rotation.
        Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
          Reitsma had a very good ninth. BRAVES WIN 5-4!!! Sosa had a ...Sosa outing. Giles had 4 hits. Renteia continued his hit streak to 17 this season and 18 overall. Our bullpen was great. Cormier and Villareal were clutch. Make that 3 wins in a row for the braves,...and a change of the Avatar for ABF. Mets also lose. So we are now only 5 out.

That was a quite a game. I'm glad to see Giles finally have his second multi-hit game this season , and a 4 hit game at that (raises his average over 30pts). Sosa's outing would have been better, it was only a 6 hitter, if he could have avoided the longball, but the offense was able to overcome them. Sosa definitely worries me when he's out there pitching.

Anyone notice that Andruw is leading the team with stolen bases (3)? Says alot for the Braves speed doesn't it?

Hurrah for winning streaks!

Comment

• Interesting Note...

Atlanta averaged 37,280 fans per game, up 7,000 per game from last year and the sixth-best figure in the National League. The last time the Braves had an opening month that well-attended was 1997, when Turner Field first opened.

The largest single crowd for the month was for the home opener against Philadelphia, which drew 47,332, while the three-game series with New York that closed April drew 127,021.
            Who would have thought that? Can anyone think of a reason for this big of a jump?

Comment

• Originally posted by grizzly451
              Who would have thought that? Can anyone think of a reason for this big of a jump?
              1. fewer home games so more people come out to see them?

2. Better matchups in April, everyone wants to see Braves vs Mets

3. Carry over from "Baby Braves" from last year. if you remember the attendence went up when all the young guys started playing a more exciting game of baseball, which happened after april last year. I figure some of the fan enthusiasm carried over and more people wanted to go see the young players at the beginning of the season.
              I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

• ...How did we lose this game?

Comment

• How about another Bullpen Blow! Mike Remlinger blew this one in the 8th.
                  2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                    How about another Bullpen Blow! Mike Remlinger blew this one in the 8th.

I was surprised to see Remlinger brought into the game last night since he was in the game the night before. He wasn't too hot then either, but was lucky since he only gave up 2 singles and Cormier was able to bail him out. This time he wasn't so lucky, can't get bailed out of a homer after its gone.

In a situation like last night you bring in your top gun from the bullpen to hold the lead, not a pitcher with a career ERA against Philly of 5.04 in over 60 innings of work (50 appearances).

Considering the bullpen is back to full strength it was kinda foolish to bring in a reliever that had just pitched the night before when you had so many others fresh.

I have to chalk it up to Bobby's love of veterans. Remlinger by far has the most experience of the guys in the bullpen and I'm sure thats why Bobby sent him out.
                    Last edited by grizzly451; 05-04-2006, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• A clutch performance by a veteran can go a long way in Bobby's memory and what Remlinger did to the Mets Saturday to get out of that jam will stick in Bobby's mind for a while. Of course if Remmy did his job, this wouldn't even be being brought up today.

We just can't seem to get the starters, relievers, and hitters all clicking at the same time. The best we've had is 2 out of 3 going pretty good at once. We just need to get them all clicking before we fall too far back.
                      Let's go Braves!!

Comment

• Bobby was trying to solidify Mike Remlinger as his set-up man after his performace against the Mets. But, Remmy couldn't come through.

Comment

• Villarreal for setup!!!! I predict he will be closer sometime this year or next year. He has potential to be one of the league's best.
                          Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• He should have already been, but the D'Backs gassed him in his rookie year.

Comment

• Remmy was tired, I think Cox should have went with Ray to start the inning. Remlinger has been both clutch and good this season. This was really his only bad outing.

I think Villarreal should be closing. I think Cormier or Remlinger should be setting up, and I think Reitsma, Ray, and McBride should be in middle relief.

...and I wouldn't be suprised if we try James as closer, as the Red Sox have done with Papelban.

Comment

• Braves lose 6-3

The Braves really don't look like they have much fight in them right now. Chipper and Renteria made errors, Giles went 0fer again, Langerhaus left 4 guys on base, Thomson gave up 2 homers.

Though the 3 runs the Braves did score were above average for one of his starts this season. The team is only averaging 1.98 runs during a Thomson start, which leads the majors for least run support.

McCann went 0-2, with 2 walks, they really need to do some lineup adjusting to try and get some guys going. Batting McCann (.316), below LaRoche (.209) and Francoeur (.212) is getting old. And just one more time I don't think Giles is cut out to be a leadoff man, the guy is so competitive I bet he is trying too hard to get on base. I'll need to look it up but I wonder if he did better last year with guys on base as the #2?

Its a shame Langerhaus couldn't have come through last night, he had plenty of opportunity, if I remember right there were guys on base every at-bat he had last night.

Any chance we can go play Colorado again?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X