X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    A Little Query

I can't tell the difference between these two guys, can you?

Jeff Francoeur
    Tony Armas, Sr.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    2006 Braves Stats on baseball-reference.com

Enjoy.

Scariest, although completely expected, stat:

Jeff Francoeur's OPS+: 89
    Marcus Giles' OPS+: 90
    Ryan Langerhans' OPS+: 90

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cbenson5
    Chipper led the team with a .409 on base percentage. It's nice seeing Smoltz win the Braves triple crown. Nice work Sam.
    Ooopsie, I did notice that too. Dumb me, I'll fix that.

Leave a comment:

• cbenson5
    replied
    Chipper led the team with a .409 on base percentage. It's nice seeing Smoltz win the Braves triple crown. Nice work Sam.

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    Thanks, I'll add team stats to my post.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    2006 Braves Leaders

In the meantime, here are the Braves' leaders.

AVG: Brian McCann, .333
    AB: Jeff Francoeur, 651
    R: Andruw Jones, 107
    H: Edgar Renteria, 175
    2B: Edgar Renteria, 40
    3B: Jeff Francoeur, 6
    HR: Andruw Jones, 41
    RBI: Andruw Jones, 129
    TB: Andruw Jones, 300
    BB: Andruw Jones, 82
    K: Jeff Francoeur, 132
    SB: Edgar Renteria, 17
    OBP: Chipper Jones, .409
    SLG: Chipper Jones, .596
    OPS: Chpper Jones, 1.005

W: John Smoltz, 16
    L: Tim Hudson, 12
    ERA: John Smoltz, 3.49
    G: Macay McBride, 71
    GS: Smoltz, Hudson, 35
    CG: John Smoltz, 3
    SHO: Smoltz, Hudson, 1
    IP: John Smoltz, 232
    H: Tim Hudson, 235
    R: Tim Hudson, 129
    ER: Tim Hudson, 118
    HR: Tim Hudson, 25
    HBP: Smoltz, Hudson, 9
    BB: Tim Hudson, 79
    K: John Smoltz, 211
    SV: Bob Wickman, 18

EDIT: Fixed OBP leader since ABF pointed it out.
    Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 10-02-2006, 10:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    Season In Review

Well, the Braves season came to an end today and they finished up with a 79-83 record, finishing in 3rd place in the NL East. 22 games were blown by the bullpen this season, if those games would have been won the Braves would have had a 101-61 record, putting them in first place in the NL East. Injuries ravaged much of the starting rotation as three regular starters went down. Rookie Chuck James and journeyman reliever Ken Ray came out of no where to provide to provide the ailing pitching staff with support. The Braves offense was the backbone of the team this season, Andruw Jones led the team with 41 HR and 129 RBI. Second year catcher, Brian McCann was named an All-Star in only his 1st full season as he led the Braves with .333 batting average. Right fielder Jeff Francouer turned out to be the Braves ironman as he played all 162 games and hit 29 HR and knocked in 103 RBI. The St. Louis Cardinals also have the Braves to thank for an NL Central title this year.

Team Pitching Stats

ERA: 4.60
    Saves: 38
    Holds: 56
    Quality Starts: 71
    Strikeouts: 1049
    Home Runs Allowed: 183
    Runs Allowed: 805
    Bases On Balls: 572

Team Batting Stats

Runs Scored: 849
    Hits: 1510
    RBI: 818
    HR: 222
    Walks: 526
    Stolen Bases: 52
    Batting Average: .270
    Last edited by Atlanta Braves Freak; 10-02-2006, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cbenson5
    Well, the season has come to an end. It wasn't the kind of year we wanted, but Smoltz is tied for the NL lead in wins. Chipper continued his march towards the Hall of Fame. Andruw backed up his great 2005 performance with another stellar year. McCann is looking to be an incredible ballplayer. We will likely be saying good bye to Giles now. It's going to be a long six months, but Mr. Cox will have the boys in line next year. I can hardly wait.
    And don't forget the person in right field whom if he upped his walks, he could be a force to be reckoned with.

Leave a comment:

• cbenson5
    replied
    Well, the season has come to an end. It wasn't the kind of year we wanted, but Smoltz is tied for the NL lead in wins. Chipper continued his march towards the Hall of Fame. Andruw backed up his great 2005 performance with another stellar year. McCann is looking to be an incredible ballplayer. We will likely be saying good bye to Giles now. It's going to be a long six months, but Mr. Cox will have the boys in line next year. I can hardly wait.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Oh well, what can you do with the "what ifs". Not much. Nice win though.

Although, once again, I see the need to defend Craig Biggio in the thread in Current Events.

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    I was looking over the Braves stats and I see that the Braves could have had 5 players with 30 HR and 100 RBI. Had Chipper and Brian McCann not gotten injured they would be in 30/100 territory. If Adam Laroche had been on his hot streak the whole year 40/110 wouldn't be out of the question. All we can say now is what could have been.

Leave a comment:

• TheKingofKings
    replied
    Hopefully , the Braves will end the season by sweeping the 'Stros , not because I dislike the 'Stros but because I would rather have the Braves finish on a high note than see the Astros get into the Playoffs and subsaquently get eliminated in the 1st round + it would be great for Jon Smoltz to end the Season with a Win and not a blown save by the 'Pen .

Leave a comment:

• cbenson5
    replied
    We took care of business tonight. It's good to see that we are trying to end the season on a positive note. Let's keep it going. If we win tomorrow, then we could end the season by sweeping the Astros with Big John Smoltz going on Sunday. It's good to have something to get a little excited about.

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    Right On!! Go Braves!! This will be a morale booster if they can knock the Stros out.

Leave a comment:

• cbenson5
    replied
    I hope everybody is watching the game right now. It is just starting to sink in that this might be Mr. Clemens last game. It has been quite an experience watching Mr. Clemens in Boston, Toronto, New York, and now Houston. I still think of him as a Red Sox player, but he is truly something special. That being said I hope Chipper ropes one off of him the next inning. Let's knock Houston out of contention.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X