No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY is Reitsma still coming into close games in the 9th!?
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• *Rock Bottom*
      Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Let's hope we can get back to .500 tomorrow with a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
          *Rock Bottom*
          Wow, I seem to remember some 80's teams that were pretty bad. by no means would I consider this Rock Bottom.

I guess if you did not start following the team until '91 this could seem kind of bad.
          I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
            Let's hope we can get back to .500 tomorrow with a win.
            I meant Rock Bottom for this season.

Comment

• If it was rockbottom last night, I hate to think where we are now!
              I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

• I feel like we are looking up at the bottom.

Comment

• Sorry guys, we're screwed.
                  Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• Call up Chuck James, he is the answer, oh wait, he's already on their roster, I guess it's only a matter of time. 190ks in 160ip in the minors last year.
                    "Never expect anything and you'll always be suprised" - Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by jpenrod
                      If it was rockbottom last night, I hate to think where we are now!
                      same here.

Comment

• In Atlanta Closer is spelled K-E-N R-A-Y.

Comment

• I went to the Rockies game tonight, so I couldn't follow the Braves/Gnats, but it looks like Ramirez pitched another great game. Hats off to him!

And hats off also to Ken Ray, picking up save number two!
                          Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• It was pretty nice to see the Braves play without errors and for them to cut down on their strikeouts. I'd rather see somebody pop-up, ground out, anything other then strikeout, at least your hitting the ball. Forces the defense to do something, like make errors .

What amazed me was Ramirez having just one walk, it'd be great to see that more often.

Comment

• Hey we won a game!

Ho had yet another great outing. He's 2-1 with a 1.64 ERA since returning from DL. Another plus for the starting rotation. Cox has to make Ray the closer.

Go get'em Smoltz!

Comment

• This is my first post and I havn't had a chance to read all of the previous posts, so please forgive me if some of this has already been said.

I think the Braves have to go get a closer either before the trade deadline or in the off season, obviously it'd be easier in the off season. I'd also like to see Ken Ray given the chance to close, but i think that would be a short term solution, even if he does very well-remember reitsma did good at the end of last year too. If the Braves can get a front line closer and another solid starter-maybe trade for the starter soon- theyll be in great shape to overtake the Mets.

On another topic, why no call up for Saltalamachia? I thought with McCann's injury we'd see him, is he struggling in AAA? Or is there another reason if anyone knows-I dont get the best Braves coverage out in Louisiana or Oklahoma, so i know little about the minor leaguers.
                                LOUISIANA TECH BULLDOGS #1

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X