2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TulsaDawg86
    This is my first post and I havn't had a chance to read all of the previous posts, so please forgive me if some of this has already been said.

I think the Braves have to go get a closer either before the trade deadline or in the off season, obviously it'd be easier in the off season. I'd also like to see Ken Ray given the chance to close, but i think that would be a short term solution, even if he does very well-remember reitsma did good at the end of last year too. If the Braves can get a front line closer and another solid starter-maybe trade for the starter soon- theyll be in great shape to overtake the Mets.

On another topic, why no call up for Saltalamachia? I thought with McCann's injury we'd see him, is he struggling in AAA? Or is there another reason if anyone knows-I dont get the best Braves coverage out in Louisiana or Oklahoma, so i know little about the minor leaguers.
    Welcome to the Braves Forum and Baseball Fever TulsaDawg86!!!

Look at this picture and play Elton John's song "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" and I'll think you'll get the feeling of this homestand.
    Attached Files
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• On the Road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again.....

TulsaDawg, Reitsma actually did not do well for the Braves at the end of last season, that is why they got Farnsworth in a trade. Salty is struggling a bit and I am sure that had a lot to do with him not being called up among other things. As for getting a closer ing a trade (I think that is more important than a starter), the problem is finding one that is available.
      I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

• The Braves need to cut down on strikeouts. This is getting rediculous. The Astros struck out the side twice on their way to gathering 13 Braves' Ks. I believe they have, as a team, 444 strikeouts and 550 hits.

Not sure who to pin this one on -- Thompson pitched well until the 5th and gave up 4. Reistma gave up 2 after walking the first two batters he faced. Villareal gave up 1.

Francoeur and Chipper homered for the Braves, Lamb and Berkman homered for the Astros (Berkman twice).
        Last edited by jwkfs; 06-08-2006, 08:14 PM.
        Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• enough said!

Comment

• The Braves have only won two out of their last 10! Jorge Sosa has been HORRIBLE and the bullpen is, well the bullpen. I'm still optimistic, but I think we need to make a move. If trading Salty is an option I'm all for it, as long as we get a reliable starter or bullpen presence.
            2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• The Braves have only won 2 out of their last 12. Major drought. Need rain aka "wins".

Comment

• Renteria just hit a 3 run Jack, I think he missed McCann in the lineup.

Salty's avg in the minors is under .230 if I'm not mistaken.
                Last edited by lostzuli; 06-10-2006, 01:49 PM.
                "Never expect anything and you'll always be suprised" - Unknown

Comment

• 1-2 punch today. Huddy looked very good today. Had great command on his pitches. So glad we got Renteria, he's a great addition to this club. Nice 3 run shot in the 3rd. Ray picked up the save. Betemit had a very solid game replacing Giles. He had 3 hits and scored twice. Good glove. Will he play tomorrow? Hmmm??? Stay tuned.

Making a run to Houston early tomorrow to go see the Braves. Let's win another one.

Comment

• QUESTION....help me out here...are we looking at any possible trades before the all-star break?? I heard Hudson's name come up a few times which is NUTSO cuz he has been the only reliable starter all season long. I've also heard talks of trading salty, which i think is a bad idea...if anything get rid of sosa, reitsma, or even (hate to say it) Pena, I think Salty will be better in the long run and could be a good back-up for McCann, or bigger trade bait a year or 2 from now.

I still think putting smoltz back out in the pen, and trading for a decent starter is the BESST option...we will see what the future holds..

#7 for Mayor!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Frantastic
                      QUESTION....help me out here...are we looking at any possible trades before the all-star break?? I heard Hudson's name come up a few times which is NUTSO cuz he has been the only reliable starter all season long. I've also heard talks of trading salty, which i think is a bad idea...if anything get rid of sosa, reitsma, or even (hate to say it) Pena, I think Salty will be better in the long run and could be a good back-up for McCann, or bigger trade bait a year or 2 from now.

I still think putting smoltz back out in the pen, and trading for a decent starter is the BESST option...we will see what the future holds

There are trade options out there but the Smoltz to the bullpen option is not on the table. Smoltz squelched that talk himself. He won't do it and said his elbow couldn't do it. We're not throwing in the towel by trading Hudson or anyone of his caliber. JS will try to add a veteran reliever and hopefully a closer if one becomes available but it is only June 12. It's early for teams to start giving up the kind of impact arms we need for the bullpen. To give up a reliever of that caliber 6 weeks before the trade deadline the other team will have to be pretty much out of it or desperate to fill a need elsewhere on the team. At this stage it's a seller's market because a team looking to make a big trade this early is probably pretty desperate since the deadline is so far away. So to do anything soon we will probably have to overpay. Is it worth that to fix the bullpen? It probably depends on what we're overpaying with. It's more worth it to overpay if we're getting another starting pitcher like Dontrelle Willis but it's a big risk to overpay for a reliever. Unfortunately nothing on the trade front is probably close so I would look for minor league callups to try to shake things up or just a minor trade to clear roster space for AAA guys like Phil Stockman, Will Startup, Chuck James, or Scott Thorman.
                      Let's go Braves!!

Comment

• Stckman and Startup should be called up soon if a deal is not made.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS:Chris Reitsma disabled. Phil Stockman promoted to Atlanta.

Comment

• So, I assume Stockman will make his debue tonight. I hope he pitches well, and his outing goes swimmingly so we can have yet another relief option.

Comment

• Guess who takes the mound tonight? The incomparable Jorge Sosa!! With a 1-8 record and a 5.55 ERA, In my opinion he is the ace of the staff. Go Braves!!

Comment

• Braves lose again! 3-2, Stockman made his debut and had a scoreless 8th inning. Sosa gave up two homers and earned his 9th loss.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X