No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy the AJC sure has a bright outlook going. The new cartoon they did up is about the Braves, and it isn't a happy one.

The guys over at talkingchop.com have it up if anyone wants to see it. I would just link to the one they have up so you could see it without going there, but then I'd just be using their bandwidth .

Comment

• Loss #10!

Ramirez pitched well again today, but guess who blew the game? That's right, the bull pen.

Every time a starter leaves the game with the lead, I just cringe.
      Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• Braves in free fall

Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
        Wow, what a sunny disposition.

With a few deals and a little luck, we'll be right back in the playoff picture.

That is, if Time-Warner will allow spending..I think they are in an
        mode where they wanna reduce payroll and inna big way...

Hopefully, Ted Turner can buy the team back..or someone else
        instead of these huge companies..

Can't believe the Braves are in such an funk...Too much talent on this
        team to be way under .500 Do you guys miss FARNSWORTH ?

14 years of playoffs...maybe this is a good thing...re tool and come back better than ever....then again, you guys could get hot after the all star
        break..and make a run for number 15.....

Comment

• WE WON!!!!!
          Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Yess!!! But, the Braves plan on wearing their 1970's jerseys tommorrow. Those were some of the worst years, hopefully we'll get on a winning streak. I hope Smoltzie is OK though.
            2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• We played well wearing those in '02. So maybe this will be some good luck.....And jeez I hope so.

Comment

• Little news...Chuck James and (rumor has it) Kevin Barry will be called up.

Comment

• I'm back to wearing the old Brave cap, the one with the blue brim, the one the Braves wore when they were lousy.

Comment

• Braves are down 2-1, Top 6th.
                    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Braves win 4-1 today, Chuck James gets his first major league W, Jorge Sosa gets the save. The difference was a 3 run home run by Todd Pratt.

With this win, the Braves have won the series vs. Tampa Bay!
                      Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• Chuck James and Sosa KUDOS!!!

Comment

• Tampa Series

I moved to the tampa area in August of last year. So of course I went to every single game this series. Great pitching by the young guns who pitched this weekend. Sosa really impressed me, think he's better suited for the bullpen and was so happy to see him come out to close it down. The one thing that really worried me was our lack of hitting. We really didn't hit so great and put many runs on the board. What is wrong with our offense?
                          trusted traders: Rockhound,xholdourownx,Drillbit,Tebow15

Comment

• Red Pollard, you did awesome riding Seabiscuit .

Comment

• Just a little news, not that anyone cares. This weekend (saturday and sunday) I will be going to Atlanta for my first ever Braves game. I can't wait! I hope it's gonna be as great as I have it projected to be in my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
                                Just a little news, not that anyone cares. This weekend (saturday and sunday) I will be going to Atlanta for my first ever Braves game. I can't wait! I hope it's gonna be as great as I have it projected to be in my mind.
                                Hope you have a good time! I haven't been in about four years since I moved out to Colorado, but the Ted is a good place to see a ball game.

Hopefully Mazzone will get a good welcome in his first visit back to Atlanta.

Edit:

Tough game today, Yanks are up 5-0 going into the 9th.
                                Hudson struggled early and often, giving up a 2-run homerun to Giambi in the first, and a 3-run homer to Giambi in the second.

On the bright side, Kevin Barry came in and pitched three scoreless innings out of the bullpen, throwing 30 strikes, 17 balls, with 2 hits, 1 walk, and a strikeout.

Hudson gave up 5 runs in 5 innings on 7 hits, 4 walks (!!), one strikeout and two homeruns.
                                Last edited by jwkfs; 06-26-2006, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X