No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've said it before, and I've said it again: Sosa stinks.

He's making 2.2million this year. Wouldn't it be more beneficial for Atlanta to bench him and cut their losses... LITERALLY!

If we make it to the post-season, Sosa will singlehandedly embarass this team.

Great win tonight though. Go Braves!
    1914 Boston Braves
    July 5th: 15 games back.
    October 13th: World Series Champs
    (Anything is possible)
    GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

• Another great win for Atlanta. Although McBride faltered, it was overlooked in this lopsided victory. Good job Braves!

Oh, and I've been talking with Padres fans on another message board. Judging from the ones I've met, they are a class act.
      1914 Boston Braves
      (Anything is possible)
      GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Comment

• Andruw Jones hit the longest homerun in Petco Park history. A BOMB 453 feet.
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Big time bomb!

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
          Andruw Jones hit the longest homerun in Petco Park history. A BOMB 453 feet.
          Oh no doubt! I watched it live (of course) and saw the video on the Braves homepage. A few things I noticed:

1. The kid with his arms behind his head says "wow!" after Andruw nails it.
          2. The Padres commentators are even in awe as one fumbles over the other to say "Oh my! That one is half way up the upperdeck in the Gap!" "Yeah, it's sick the way this guy hits here."

I'm going to watch it again. Hee hee!
          1914 Boston Braves
          (Anything is possible)
          GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Comment

• The Braves lead the Cards 13-2 in the bottom of the 6th. It's surreal to see them making a comeback like this in the standings.

Comment

• Let's keep it up.
              Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
                Let's keep it up.
                Told ya the second half was ours. . We've scored over 45 runs after the all star break.
                Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffFrancoeur7
                  Told ya the second half was ours. . We've scored over 45 runs after the all star break.
                  I'll I'm saying is the Muts better start looking over there shoulder.
                  Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• OK guys I have been extremely busy and have not had the time to keep up with the past week as close as I would like. I have noticed Betemit tearing the leather off the ball in the leadoff spotin the last 4 games, is this a change that the Braves announced or has it happened realitively un-noticed? Is this a permenant change? I do not see anything that would indicate Cox is planning on platooning Giles and Betemit, has anyone heard anything differently?
                    I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

• Giles has been hurt, so Betemit has been at 2nd base.

Comment

• so does anyone know whats going on with reitsma? I heard he was supposed to get surgery, but idk?

Comment

• Reitsma had his surgery performed in Birmingham. Last night the announcers on TS said that he did not have to have Tommy John surgery. I'm not sure exactly what the procedure was, but it is not as serious as Tommy John surgery. He will be out for the rest of the year, but is expected to be ready by Spring Trainin next year.
                          "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                          -Casey Stengel

Comment

• Giles jammed his thumb sliding into second during the series with the Padres. I believe Chipper currently has an 18 game hitting streak. A hit tonight will tie his career high if I'm not mistaken.
                            "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                            -Casey Stengel

Comment

• The Braves are down 4-1 in the 4th!! After seeing them up 7-1 by the 4th inning the last few days it's crazy seeing them down. Andruw Jones gave Jason Shiell a 1-0 lead after the two-hour, 12 minute rain delay. Andruw is at the plate now.

Comment

• The streak is over, I guess John Smoltz jinxed the team with his comments. Final score 8-3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260719124
                                Last edited by Atlanta Braves Freak; 07-19-2006, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X