2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AutographCollector
    Hey, I am pretty excited on how you guys are standing right now in the NL East. Thanks for the 3 easy wins.
    Wow you must feel like a big boy. Congratulations. Maybe if the Mets win the world series you'll be allowed to stay up after 9 o'clock. I bet you are so excited!
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
      Wow you must feel like a big boy. Congratulations. Maybe if the Mets win the world series you'll be allowed to stay up after 9 o'clock. I bet you are so excited!
      Shouldn't you be a Marlins fan? Hey man, don't hate on me. I was expecting a tight, scary 3 game set with you guys. In all honesty I was thinking you guys would have taken 2 out of 3. And another thing: I'm a tad bit too old to need a curfew there buddy.
      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Shouldn't you be a Marlins fan? Hey man, don't hate on me. I was expecting a tight, scary 3 game set with you guys. In all honesty I was thinking you guys would have taken 2 out of 3. And another thing: I'm a tad bit too old to need a curfew there buddy.
        Well why didn't you say that yu expecting a tight series in your first post. Instead of that you slap braves fans in the face. So was that post actually really needed?

Just don't bring that moronic stuff arouns here. And I'd expect a little better first post out of you if you don't in-fact have a curfew..."Buddy" .

All that aside...
        Hey today is the trade deadline maybe we'll make a move or two.

Comment

• If the Braves swept the Mets, we wouldn't come slap Mets fans in the Mets forum. I guess 14 years of punishment can make anyone a little bitter. HAHA!
          4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
          http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
            Well why didn't you say that yu expecting a tight series in your first post. Instead of that you slap braves fans in the face. So was that post actually really needed?

Just don't bring that moronic stuff arouns here. And I'd expect a little better first post out of you if you don't in-fact have a curfew..."Buddy" .

All that aside...
            Hey today is the trade deadline maybe we'll make a move or two.
            Your right and I apologize. :o

I was kinda suprised that Wickman signed with you guys. You guys gave up Wilson Betemit (spelling?) right?
            Who was your closer before Wicky came into town?

Comment

Your right and I apologize. :o

I was kinda suprised that Wickman signed with you guys. You guys gave up Wilson Betemit (spelling?) right?
              Who was your closer before Wicky came into town?
              We signed Wickman? I thought we traded for him! just messing with you man. To my knowledge Wickman has not "signed" with the Braves but rather the Braves signed a minor league catching prospect for him. I am not even sure if Wickman had a no trade clause or 10-5 status so he may not have had any say so. Even if he did have a say so I am not sure why it would surprise anyone he would agree to go to Atlanta.

As for Betemite, he was traded to Los Angelas for Dany Beaz and Willy Aybar. Interesting the Braves got both "closers" they were pursuing in the winter. makes you wonder if they would not have done better to have given better offers to the guys in the first place.

As for our closer before wickman.... well that is part of the reason we are 15 games behind the Mets right now, we did not have one. The bullpen had blown something like 20 saves already this season and we have I think 4 guys (other than wickman) with saves. Interestingly Sosa is one of those guys and to make room for Baez he was demoted to triple A and will be put on the waiver. The Braves have said he will be either traded or released (my money is on release)
              I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

• Originally posted by jpenrod
                We signed Wickman? I thought we traded for him! just messing with you man. To my knowledge Wickman has not "signed" with the Braves but rather the Braves signed a minor league catching prospect for him.
                Heh... you knew what I meant.

Comment

• Wickman had a no trade clause but said he would like to go to Atlanta because he liked how Bobby Cox treated him in a previous all star game. I can't agree with ya more on the closers we could of gotten. Who knows where we could be with a solid closer for a whole year. Sosa was traded today to the Cardinals for a minor league pitcher. I believe it was a pitcher but not absolutely sure (minor leaguer).

Comment

• The trade was for minor league pitcher minor league pitcher Rich Scalamandre. So now we have a Saltalamacchia and a Scalamandre.

Here are his stats: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today....php?id=458666
                    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                      The trade was for minor league pitcher minor league pitcher Rich Scalamandre. So now we have a Saltalamacchia and a Scalamandre.

Here are his stats: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today....php?id=458666
                      How would you like to be the play-by-play man with that battery:

"Scalamandre looks in and takes the sign from Saltalamacchia. The wind and the pitch... oh just a bit outside. Scalamandre doesn't like that call as Saltalamacchia holds it hoping to get the call."
                      I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

• Pretty good K:BB ratio at 3:1 and good K/inning at 1/inning for Scalamandre. I think we should call him the salamander. His name looks so close to it.

Comment

• I'm about to go out and grab something to eat and then watch the Braves. I'm actually looking forward to it tonight because Smoltz is pitching. Anybody else miss the days when we had three number one starters instead of one. Well, at least it's not like in the late 80's.
                          "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                          -Casey Stengel

Comment

• Ok we won last night vs. Pittsburgh...why not win tonight? Go Braves!!! Let's take this series!!!

Comment

• I'm really hoping the Braves can sweep the Pirates today. The main reason is it will build up a head of steam for the team when they head into Cinci. They need that big time!

They had momentum coming into their last homestand, and it didn't pan out too well. I was at the game Sunday (and I haven't missed a game this year) and I noticed that they have not "given up." They just hit some skids.

I look at the WC race and I look at the NL: the playoffs are still a reality for this team. It all depends on how they do in the big series. The last big series was with the Mets, and well, yeah, we know how that went.

The bigger series is with the Reds this weekend. It's a must win situation: 3/4 or a sweep.

If the Braves pulled off a sweep of the Reds, I'll be going crazy. Go Braves!
                              1914 Boston Braves
                              July 5th: 15 games back.
                              October 13th: World Series Champs
                              (Anything is possible)
                              GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomahawk Dynasty
                                It's a must win situation: 3/4 or a sweep.
                                The series with the Reds is only 3 games. The next 4 game series is with the Nats, Aug 14th through Aug 17th.

However, I do hope the Braves sweep the Pirates and the Reds. The Braves have a pretty good schedule in August.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X