2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbenson5
    There's not much to say right now. This is just terrible. Our playoff hopes are pretty much gone.
    I'm glad you said it so I don't have to.

I thought .500 ball would be good enough on September 3rd to make a run for it. Now I feel icky cause I've watched them all season this year, like I have every year for over 20 years.

I just couldn't take another game that had a score card like this:
    Others 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0
    Braves 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0

I know that's not the scorecard, but you get where I'm going.
    1914 Boston Braves
    July 5th: 15 games back.
    October 13th: World Series Champs
    (Anything is possible)
    GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

There's not much to say right now. This is just terrible. Our playoff hopes are pretty much gone.
      It hurts to agree with you on this one, but the season is done.
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• The number of games blown by the bullpen says it all. 17 games! That is horrible. Now even under the best conditions the pen is going to lose a few games, but 17 games...to me that is what has cost the Braves not just the wildcard but the division.

Just add 17 wins to the Braves current record, what do you get? A team that is 76-50 instead of 59-67. That would put the Braves right up on the Mets tail. Heck throw in a decent bullpen and I'd bet the Braves would still be at least be 68 or 70 wins, still tops in the wildcard race.

Comment

• At this rate, the Braves will finish around, say... 73-89. Considering we lose 2 out of 3 at home and 22 of our last 36 games are there.
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• I just read that Danys Baez underwent an appendectomy last night. He will be out until September 7.
            "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
            -Casey Stengel

Comment

• I really can't bash Baez, he has only had the bad outing from Tuesday and he has been a reliable setup man. Is he really worth re-signing though?

Comment

• I think signing Wickman (over Baez) should be our number one priority in the offseason. We definitely need to add at least one (hopefully more) middle relievers. Maybe if a couple of our injured players could step up and have good seasons next year, we could have a good bullpen. Our lineup will stay the same unless we add a leadoff hitter, which I don't think is likely. With Hampton making his return, we should have a good rotation.

Something like:

Smoltz
                Hudson
                Hampton
                James
                Davies

I think if we have the potential for a good team next year if we can improve our bullpen.
                "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                -Casey Stengel

Comment

• If I remember correctly, Baez's contract calls for him to stay with the Braves next season.

Comment

• Baez is in the option year of his contract. He was signed to a two year 6.45 million dollar contract (2004/05) with a four million dollar option for 2006.
                    -Casey Stengel

Comment

Baez is in the option year of his contract. He was signed to a two year 6.45 million dollar contract (2004/05) with a four million dollar option for 2006.
                      All righty then. Looks like he's not coming back, then.

Comment

• That gives us some options!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                          That gives us some options!
                          But can we pay that money?

Comment

• Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
                            All righty then. Looks like he's not coming back, then.

Given Baez's preformance this season, I'd say if the Braves are interested in him they stand a good chance at being able to resign him for at least a season. He has been a "proven" closer, but to me he struggled badly in that role with the Dodgers so I don't think him would draw much interest from others teams looking for a closer, but its hard to predict the offseason.

He'd be a good pickup to setup Wickman and close if Wickman a) isn't resigned b) gets hurt. Oh yea, and if Baez is cheap enough.

Comment

• All I know is Atlanta needs to sweep Washington this weekend to stay in the wild card race.
                              Keith "Baseball Fanatic" Thronson

Comment

• I know you from somewhere, but I don't know where!! I hope the Braves can sweep the series, but the season is over.

Ah yes, Addict Sports! How does it go Bama45?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X