X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jwkfs
    replied
    Davies pitching a GEM tonight.

Braves lead 7-1 going into the 9th, Davies has given up 1 ER and only 3 hits.

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    The Braves let go of Wes Obermueller....And...They sign Ricardo Rodriguez to fill his spot in the Richmond Rotation.

Here's the link...
    Link

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    Here's the Box Score and The Wrap-Up I promised.

Wrap

Box

Leave a comment:

• grizzly451
    replied
    In last nights game with the Mets it was Sosa who gave up all four of the runs the Mets got. The bullpen was pretty tight for the rest of the game, 5 innings.

The ERA of the starters has still got to be close to 7.00. Let me see if I can find it.

Ok, the closet I could find was this: 1st to 6th inning ERA of 5.79. 7th to 9th: 5.30
    Overall the Braves are sitting at 26th out of 30 in the ERA department. Pretty nasty news.

Neither would be strictly starters or bullpen since like last night Sosa only lasted 4 innings
    Last edited by grizzly451; 04-18-2006, 04:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jwkfs
    replied
    Seems to me like the 'pen has only blown one or two games (that last game against the padres springs to mind, and Reitsma's blown save). It's been the starters who have given up runs early and put pressure on the offense.

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    What does that bring the count to 3 or 4? So the Braves' record could easily be 10-4 or 9-5 if the pen hadn't had trouble. Could someone get me the number of games the pen has blown, because I want it in my sig line.

Games Blown By Braves Bullpen:

Leave a comment:

• jwkfs
    replied
    Once again Sosa was less than stellar, but the bullpen picked it up and kept us in the game. That's one more loss that would have been a win with better starting pitching.

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    I'll do it... Make that...5!!! GAMES BACK!!!! :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    Game over, Braves lose 4-3, who'll volunteer for the post game review?

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    Braves are down 4-3 with two outs in the Top of the 9th. Todd Pratt is at-bat, down to their last strike.

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    Langerhans barely mis-played that ball. If you looked at the replay, you could see for a split-second it was in his glove. he just couldn't keep it there. Now, he'll be more sure he can catch the ball before he dives for it. :atthepc

Leave a comment:

• grizzly451
    replied
    Thomson got another double in that game too. He must be getting some extra BP this season.

Langerhaus is a better OF then Klesko, but boy his dive sure reminded me of him. I would chalk that up to inexperience, I don't think a veteran would have tried for that ball. But who's to say, he did get kinda close to catching it.

Was a really good game if nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• atlbravesfan
    replied
    Another great outing for the starting pitchers. Thomson's 6IP w/only 1H and 6SO was great. It seems lately that as the pitching gets better the runs start to drop off. The team is 4-for-(the last)31 AB w/runners in scoring position. Had the chances to put them away and didn't. Had to put the broom back in the closet. Frustrating loss to say the least.

The series with the Mets is very important since they are up 4 games right now. Not crucial, but important. I don't know how healthy they are, but we need to hurry up and get well soon, if that's possible. Smoltz will miss the Mets series b/c of the rotation. We will pitch 4, 5, and 1 against their 1, 2, and 3.

9 games in 10 days on the road. Let's come back home with some momentum. I see we play the Mets when we return, and if the rotation stays the way it is, we will pitch 3, 4, and 5 against them. Smoltz misses again. Have to wait and see.
    Last edited by atlbravesfan; 04-16-2006, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    Here's the Wrap-up and Box Score.

Wrap

Box

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    Going into more detail I believe that this was really a game the Braves should have come out and won.

Thomson pitched excellent, besides Ken Ray (who this whole season had been great) so did the bullpen.

Andruw Jones homered, also he played great defense. Francoeur got another hit. Giles and Thomson doubled, it was a good game.

Ray came in gave up a homer and 2 doubles. Then a few innings later Remlinger came in and did pitch well. (Can't believe he got the loss) Unfortunently, Langerhans dove for a ball which would have been a base hit, the ball was missed however and rolled all the way to the wall, giving Eric Young a lead off triple in the 8th.

The run eventually scored and put the Braves down 4-3. They did their best against Linebrink and Hoffman, but they could not comeback.

This was a game the Braves clearly should have won.

The Mets won...again today so the Braves are back to 4 games down.
    I hope Renteria is back soon we need him for this series against the Mets.

I'd love a sweep then we'd only be back 1.

But let's not get too dissapointed. We won the series 2-1 and boosted our record up a game. We can't lose this series versus the Mets. That would be bad.

In fact in a few minutes, I am going to make a thread about this.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X