Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
    I think Giles is a guy we can trade to get a top bullpen arm, but I wouldn't be angry if the Braves traded Salty for 2 good relievers and a leadoff man.
    We don't need Salty. We have McCann.
    46 wins to match last year's total

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
      We don't need Salty. We have McCann.
      Then that makes Salty expendable!!
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

      Comment


      • 10 SO's for Cormier today. Amazing!

        Despite being outhit 9 to 5, we played a heckuva game today and I was very proud of the Braves today. It was awesome to watch the Falcons beat up on the Panthers, too.

        Good day for Atlanta fans!

        The last time I saw the Falcons and Braves playing at the same time, was last year when the Falcons lost to the Patriots in the last minute of the game and 10 minutes later the Braves lost in the 18th inning to Houston.

        I now feel much better.
        1914 Boston Braves
        July 5th: 15 games back.
        October 13th: World Series Champs
        (Anything is possible)
        GO BRAVES!!!!!!!


        Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

        Comment


        • This was an Atlanta winning weekend, don't forget about Georgia Tech!!
          2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

          Comment


          • Haha, I didn't forget about Tech. After all that's my school and I'm an alumni there!

            They whooped Samford. Would have been so much sweeter had we maintained the lead on Notre Dame.

            Good things! I'm waiting to watch the SD vs. SF game.
            1914 Boston Braves
            July 5th: 15 games back.
            October 13th: World Series Champs
            (Anything is possible)
            GO BRAVES!!!!!!!


            Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

            Comment


            • And again, it appears that the Braves can't put together a 4 game winning streak. Something is really wrong with Smoltzie, he has gotten pasted his last three or four times out.
              46 wins to match last year's total

              Comment


              • The Braves used 7 pitchers out of the pen, but at least they proved to be effective. Let's let the wild card chances take a nap, maybe we can wake them up next series.
                2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

                Comment


                • Game postponed for tonight.

                  We're going to have... ugh, ANOTHER DH on Wednesday. Just what we needed. Unbelievable.
                  1914 Boston Braves
                  July 5th: 15 games back.
                  October 13th: World Series Champs
                  (Anything is possible)
                  GO BRAVES!!!!!!!


                  Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                    The Braves used 7 pitchers out of the pen, but at least they proved to be effective. Let's let the wild card chances take a nap, maybe we can wake them up next series.
                    I have a good question: if the Braves don't get the wild card, was it a mistake to trade for Daryle Ward then? :atthepc
                    46 wins to match last year's total

                    Comment


                    • Lets pass the time until tomrorow with a Braves Buy or Sell

                      Buy or Sell: Jeff Francoeur, at a .262 BA now, breaks .270 this season, a level he hasn't reached all year.
                      46 wins to match last year's total

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
                        Lets pass the time until tomrorow with a Braves Buy or Sell

                        Buy or Sell: Jeff Francoeur, at a .262 BA now, breaks .270 this season, a level he hasn't reached all year.
                        I'm not sure how this works, but if you are asking if he will end the season over .270 my vote is no.
                        "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                        -Casey Stengel

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cbenson5
                          I'm not sure how this works, but if you are asking if he will end the season over .270 my vote is no.
                          Yeah, buy means yes and sell means no. Then the next person usualy does something.
                          46 wins to match last year's total

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
                            I have a good question: if the Braves don't get the wild card, was it a mistake to trade for Daryle Ward then? :atthepc

                            The pitcher we traded Ward for was a minor league prospect and a good (1st, 2nd, or 3rd... I can't remember) round draft pick. He had Tommy John surgery and wasn't scheduled to pitch again until the middle of 2007. I'd surely take Daryl Ward now, vs. waiting on another TJ Surgery player to return in the middle of 2007.
                            1914 Boston Braves
                            July 5th: 15 games back.
                            October 13th: World Series Champs
                            (Anything is possible)
                            GO BRAVES!!!!!!!


                            Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tomahawk Dynasty
                              The pitcher we traded Ward for was a minor league prospect and a good (1st, 2nd, or 3rd... I can't remember) round draft pick. He had Tommy John surgery and wasn't scheduled to pitch again until the middle of 2007. I'd surely take Daryl Ward now, vs. waiting on another TJ Surgery player to return in the middle of 2007.
                              Yeah, that's true. I figure that too, Luis Atilano wasn't all that impressive anyway.
                              46 wins to match last year's total

                              Comment


                              • The microcosm of the season. Braves were up 5-0 after the 2nd, and don't get a hit the rest of the game. The inning starts with Jeff Francoeur missing a ball and Jimmy Rollins gets to second. A hit, he's in. A walk, a couple of strikeouts and then a wild pitch. Matt Diaz then has a catchable ball bounce off his glove so the Phillies score two runs. That's game.
                                46 wins to match last year's total

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X