No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys and gals, but that pretty much did it for me tonight.
    I'm not going to watch the DH. I'm not going to watch anymore games. I'm not going to follow this team. I'm selling (yeah, that's gonna happen) my tickets for the rest of the year.

This is not a team I want to watch anymore. Atleast the Falcons can only lose once (or twice if it's a Monday/Thursday game) a week.

This team has only done one consistent thing all year: lose games in new ways.

450-500 hours of having my heart ripped out is enough for one season.

I'll be back on the board next year though, cause I honestly think we have a great squad for next year. I hope we make some trades and improve it even more.

God bless and Go Braves... in 2007.
    1914 Boston Braves
    July 5th: 15 games back.
    October 13th: World Series Champs
    (Anything is possible)
    GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

• I'm interested in the tickets!!
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• I'm not done. I can't stop paying attention. I've tried, but it's impossible. It's mostly on the Internet, though. :atthepc
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• This is painful. It's like watching Alabama football in 1982 and for the most part since then. The Braves seem to have given up. We could at least shoot for .500. Why is Laroche batting 8'th and Franceour hitting fifth? I know there is a lefty pitching, but Franceour certainly does not deserve to be hitting in front of McCann and Laroche. Like that Merle Haggard song "I think I'll just sit here and drink". I'm actually just listening to Gordon Lightfoot, drinking, and looking forward to college football tomorrow. If Chipper were playing at least I would have some interest in the game, but it is hard to get excited about these guys except McCann and Laroche.
          "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
          -Casey Stengel

Comment

• Originally posted by cbenson5
            This is painful. It's like watching Alabama football in 1982 and for the most part since then. The Braves seem to have given up. We could at least shoot for .500. Why is Laroche batting 8'th and Franceour hitting fifth? I know there is a lefty pitching, but Franceour certainly does not deserve to be hitting in front of McCann and Laroche. Like that Merle Haggard song "I think I'll just sit here and drink". I'm actually just listening to Gordon Lightfoot, drinking, and looking forward to college football tomorrow. If Chipper were playing at least I would have some interest in the game, but it is hard to get excited about these guys except McCann and Laroche.
            McCann struck out with men on second and third with one out today, can't believe that you were excited about that. This is an insane rationale, but I assume that LaRoche was hitting eighth so that he could drive in the people that get on base in front of him. So essentially, LaRoche was the last line of offense today. Not like it did any good of course.

Comment

• This one one of the craziest endings to a game I have ever seen. Florida must have made 5 or 6 errors in the bottom half of the tenth. Well, it is a little too late for us, but we did knock Florida out of the race.
              "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
              -Casey Stengel

Comment

• Originally posted by cbenson5
                This one one of the craziest endings to a game I have ever seen. Florida must have made 5 or 6 errors in the bottom half of the tenth. Well, it is a little too late for us, but we did knock Florida out of the race.
                Yep, the weirdest-a** 10th inning I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

• That was almost a bullpen blow, but the offense picked up the slacking pitching and won the game. What's the .500 watch looking like?

Comment

• Look at the first line in your signature and do the math.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrh31584
                      Look at the first line in your signature and do the math.
                      92-57, would be the Braves record had the bullpen not blown 20 games. That put the Braves in 1st place. That stresses the team's weak point.

Comment

• .500-O-METER: 9-4

3 @ COL
                        4 @ WAS
                        3 vs. NYM
                        3 vs. HOU

Is it possible to win nine out of all that?

Comment

• I think they can win 5 or 6.

Comment

• Hey guys.

I haven't stopped watching the Braves, and I'm glad. They are getting it done, to my surprise.

*looks at the Numbers, Probability, and Opinion thread*

I won't get that excited... yet

And, Ward is a monster. He scares baseballs out of the park.
                            1914 Boston Braves
                            July 5th: 15 games back.
                            October 13th: World Series Champs
                            (Anything is possible)
                            GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

• What are we going to do with Diaz, Langerhans, and Ward, and Kelly Johnson, and Scott Thorman next year? All of those guys are capable left fielders.

Comment

• I'd rather have too many than a shortage. We could have some in minors and trade some guys that we don't need... probably langerhans and/or kelly johnson. I'd like to see Thorman get some AB's. I kinda wish braves had DH for Thorman's sake. Ward should platoon some with Francoeur and Diaz in RF and LF. We really need someone to step up and take the LF role instead of just mediocrity like usual. PS did you guys see the marlins game where the braves came back in the 10th inning? That was the worst defense I've ever seen by a team.
                                4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
                                http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X