2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AznInvasion
    I'd rather have too many than a shortage. We could have some in minors and trade some guys that we don't need... probably langerhans and/or kelly johnson. I'd like to see Thorman get some AB's. I kinda wish braves had DH for Thorman's sake. Ward should platoon some with Francoeur and Diaz in RF and LF. We really need someone to step up and take the LF role instead of just mediocrity like usual. PS did you guys see the marlins game where the braves came back in the 10th inning? That was the worst defense I've ever seen by a team.
    We need to trade some of them. I doubt that Scott Thorman and Kelly Johnson are going to be traded. I think that Darlye Ward and Matt Diaz are the odd men out here because they've been here the least. You notice that despite Diaz's stats in a part-time role, he hasn't been given the starting job?
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• .500-o-meter: 8-4

Comment

• Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
        We need to trade some of them. I doubt that Scott Thorman and Kelly Johnson are going to be traded. I think that Darlye Ward and Matt Diaz are the odd men out here because they've been here the least. You notice that despite Diaz's stats in a part-time role, he hasn't been given the starting job?
        I know that Diaz and Ward haven't been here long, but their production has been awesome. I'd rather we keep this platoon than use one guy right now.
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Maybe we could give Andruw/Francoeur a day off each week and start some other guys. We got depth, we might as well use it. This gives some other guys PT and keeps the starters fresh and avoid injury somewhat.
          4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
          http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
            I know that Diaz and Ward haven't been here long, but their production has been awesome. I'd rather we keep this platoon than use one guy right now.
            Mmmm, I don't call .235/.235/.415 that amazing, especially in 17 at-bats, mostly as a pinchie. Ward could go in a trade easily.

Comment

• I think the motto should be...if it helps our bullpen do the trade lol. What's the rotation for next year look like?
              Is this it?
              Smoltz
              Hudson
              James
              Hampton
              H. Ramirez or K. Davies ?
              4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
              http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

• Either one of the bottom guys needs to be gotten rid of, Horacio the prime one. He has lost it. Someone should take him because he's a left-hander. Davies, I'm willing to give him another shot or two, this is only his second year in the bigs.

Comment

• We really won't know how Hampton will perform, given he hasn't played in a year, but I think Ramirez is the odd man out. He's been a liability in the last few years.

Comment

We really won't know how Hampton will perform, given he hasn't played in a year, but I think Ramirez is the odd man out. He's been a liability in the last few years.
                    We still have to give Hampton a shot at getting back in the rotation because

1. He's a veteran and he knows how to pitch, even if he hasn't pitched in over a year.
                    2. The Braves are basically stuck with him because of his contract.

So Hampton will hopefully be the man with the plan next season.

Goodbye Good and Bad Horacio, hello Mike Hampton!

Comment

• We owe Hampton 14.5 million next year and 15 million in 2008. I think he has an option year in 2009 for 20 million with a 6 million dollar buyout. That's a stiff price to pay for him, so I am guessing if he is healthy he will pitch regardless of whether he is effective or not coming into the season. Man, that's a lot of money to pay for Mike Hampton.
                      "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                      -Casey Stengel

Comment

• Originally posted by cbenson5
                        We owe Hampton 14.5 million next year and 15 million in 2008. I think he has an option year in 2009 for 20 million with a 6 million dollar buyout. That's a stiff price to pay for him, so I am guessing if he is healthy he will pitch regardless of whether he is effective or not coming into the season. Man, that's a lot of money to pay for Mike Hampton.
                        Eeeyep. Therefore, he's one of our starters, whether we like it or not.

Comment

• There's no getting around that fat contract! Maybe the Yankees will take him, after all they have blown money on Jaret Wright, Kyle Farnsworth, and Steve Karsay. (all former Braves)

Comment

There's no getting around that fat contract! Maybe the Yankees will take him, after all they have blown money on Jaret Wright, Kyle Farnsworth, and Steve Karsay. (all former Braves)
                            If we can somehow convince Georgie that Hampton will fix the hole(s) in his rotation, he'd take him.

Comment

• Well, we have been officially elminated from playoff contention fittingly enough in a game blown by the bullpen. Only about six months until next season starts. It can't come soon enough. At least Chipper's back and playing great.
                              "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                              -Casey Stengel

Comment

• Originally posted by cbenson5
                                Well, we have been officially elminated from playoff contention fittingly enough in a game blown by the bullpen. Only about six months until next season starts. It can't come soon enough. At least Chipper's back and playing great.
                                I'd give equal weight to James and Yates blowing it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X