No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed the game today, but I was at the game saturday, which was shaping up to be a great comback until Fuentes struck out LaRoche and Pratt

Thoughts:
    Offense: can we get Andruw to hit like that every night!? He was 4/4 with two homers, a double a single and a walk. I think everybody cheered when he hit the home runs, even Rockies fans -- the place went off every time he came up to bat. As a matter of fact, the only time it was louder was when Chipper came up to pinch hit with the bases loaded (of course, they also cheered when he struck out). Apparently everybody loves Chipper and Andruw

It was nice to see some offense from Pratt, who came into the game hitting below .200. He had a pair of doubles. Unfortunantly he fouled off several pitches before striking out to end the game with the tying run on second.

We had this annoying little girl sitting behind us who just wanted to make noise -- she kept yelling things at the players, and had no idea how the game was played. At one point, they announced that Brad Hawpe had come in as a defensive replacement and she yelled "booo Brad!" several times before someone had to tell her that Hawpe played for the Rockies

Overall, a fun time, but it was super cold.
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• I'm glad you had a chance to go to the game. I've been attended Braves games vicariously this season and it looks like I'll miss a game for the first time since 1996.
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• No chance of getting to .500 now.

.500-O-METER: 6-0

Probably the last time you'll see this.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• The Braves blanked the Mets 12-0. John Smoltz pitched eight innings of 6 hit ball and Andruw Jones notched his second straight 40+ HR season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
            The Braves blanked the Mets 12-0. John Smoltz pitched eight innings of 6 hit ball and Andruw Jones notched his second straight 40+ HR season.
            Only other Braves to have back-to-back 40 homer seasons are Eddie Mathews and Hank Aaron. Nice slugging, Andruw!

.500-O-METER: 5-0

Comment

• The Braves demolished the Mets 13-1 tonight and Jeff Francoeur drove in his 100th run of the season. He ended up with 3 RBI giving him 102 on the year. Tim Hudson improved to 13-12.

Comment

The Braves demolished the Mets 13-1 tonight and Jeff Francoeur drove in his 100th run of the season. He ended up with 3 RBI giving him 102 on the year. Tim Hudson improved to 13-12.
                The pessimist says:

"Oh sure, NOW they beat the Mets, NOW they kick butt."

The optimist says:

"This'll throw off the Mets in the NLDS for sure!"

Comment

• I've almost forgotten that we are out of contention the past couple of days. It's been good watching. Chipper hit a beautiful home run from the right side of the plate tonight. It's good to see that Hudson will end the season with a winning record. Smoltz, although he probably won't win it, is a legitimate contender for the Cy Young award. Chipper is increasing his percentage categories into truly elite territory. I am sad that the season will soon come to an end, but let's enjoy it while we can. Braves baseball will be over in the next couple of days until April. I agree with you Sam. The Met's chances in the playoffs are not looking good right now.
                  "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                  -Casey Stengel

Comment

• Originally posted by cbenson5
                    I've almost forgotten that we are out of contention the past couple of days. It's been good watching. Chipper hit a beautiful home run from the right side of the plate tonight. It's good to see that Hudson will end the season with a winning record. Smoltz, although he probably won't win it, is a legitimate contender for the Cy Young award. Chipper is increasing his percentage categories into truly elite territory. I am sad that the season will soon come to an end, but let's enjoy it while we can. Braves baseball will be over in the next couple of days until April. I agree with you Sam. The Met's chances in the playoffs are not looking good right now.
                    I thought about this, and I've concluded that right now, the Mets look like the Braves going into the playoffs from 2002 to 2005.

Comment

• No more .500-O-METER. A sweep of the Astros would give the Braves an 80-82 record, the same as the 1984 Braves.

Comment

• Oh well, let's see if they can knock the Astros out of contention. After all they did end our season last year.

Comment

Oh well, let's see if they can knock the Astros out of contention. After all they did end our season last year.
                          That'd be so sweet. Heh heh

Comment

• I hope everybody is watching the game right now. It is just starting to sink in that this might be Mr. Clemens last game. It has been quite an experience watching Mr. Clemens in Boston, Toronto, New York, and now Houston. I still think of him as a Red Sox player, but he is truly something special. That being said I hope Chipper ropes one off of him the next inning. Let's knock Houston out of contention.
                            "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                            -Casey Stengel

Comment

• Right On!! Go Braves!! This will be a morale booster if they can knock the Stros out.

Comment

• We took care of business tonight. It's good to see that we are trying to end the season on a positive note. Let's keep it going. If we win tomorrow, then we could end the season by sweeping the Astros with Big John Smoltz going on Sunday. It's good to have something to get a little excited about.
                                -Casey Stengel

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X