Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwkfs
    Yup.

It's looking to me like Ken Ray should be our closer !

Ya know I was joking around with my friends about that before the game. haha!

Why not, give him a shot, couldn't do any worse

Comment

Originally posted by grizzly451
      Ya know I was joking around with my friends about that before the game. haha!

Why not, give him a shot, couldn't do any worse
      He rocks, I just thought about it, he can win rookie of the year!!
      Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by HankAaron86
        He rocks, I just thought about it, he can win rookie of the year!!

Sounds like a sequel to "The Rookie", wonder if Disney is already looking into it.

Comment

Hahahaa... !!! Well, after I get home from school I report the game.

Comment

Good news and bad news

The Braves offense so far has scored more runs than any other team, 11 more then the runner-up. But as you know the pitching as given up more runs than any starting rotation, 6 more then the runner-up. Pretty wild.

Comment

And our record is 3-4, but the offense is very encouraging. Once the pitching gets going and Chipper and Horacio get 100% this will be a tough team to beat.
              2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Thomson did a really good job tonight, no Earned Runs, 4ks, 6hits in 5 innings. Its the top of the 6th and so far the bullpen is trying to blow it. Cormier is on the mound and struggling.

GO BRAVES!!!

Comment

Code:
                  Batter	AB	R	H	RBI	2B	3B	HR	BB	K	AVG
                  Marcus Giles 5	1	1	1	0	0	1	0	1	.259
                  Edgar Renteria 4 0	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	.371
                  Ryan Langerhans 3 0	2	0	1	0	0	1	1	.476
                  Andruw Jones 4	1	1	1	0	0	1	0	0	.303
                  Adam LaRoche 4	1	1	0	1	0	0	0	2	.250
                  Jeff Francoeur 4 0	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	.061
                  Brian McCann 4	1	1	0	0	0	0	0	1	.250
                  Wilson Betemit 4 1	2	1	0	0	0	0	2	.385
                  John Thomson 2	0	2	2	1	0	0	0	0	.667
                  Pete Orr 1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	.286
                  Brian Jordan 0	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	0	.286
                  Totals	35	5	11	5	3	0	2	2	8	 

Pitcher	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	ERA
                  John Thomson 5.0	6	1	0	1	4	0	2.08
                  Mike Remlinger 0.1	1	1	1	0	0	0	3.38
                  Lance Cormier 0.2	1	0	0	0	1	0	0.00
                  Villarreal (W) 1.0	2	1	1	0	0	0	1.80
                  Kenny Ray	1.0	1	0	0	1	1	0	0.00
                  Chris Reitsma (S 3) 1.0	0	0	0	0	0	0	7.71
                  Solid game today, picked up the W! Thomson pitched well, Ray pitched well, Rietsma kept the ball in the infield in the 9th. Homeruns by Giles and Andruw.
                  Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

Braves win 5-3 vs. Phillies
                    Team Record: 4-4

Thomson pitched a very good game, wish he could have got a W with his effort. He even went 2-for-2 and had 2 RBIs. Might need to use him as a PH at times.

Villareal is now 3-0. Wow. Ray looked good and Reitsma picked up his 3rd save.

Sosa (0-1 23.14) vs. Lidle (0-1 5.40) tomorrow night.

Comment

• Hey, guys...
                      I've been gone on a field trip for 4 days, and when I returned, I found my computer had crashed. This meaning the keyboard completely doesn't work. As I type this I'm using my "on-screen" keyboard. So basically I won't be posting often for a week.

However,I must say Ken Ray has really, impressed me, I hope Moylan can also. I must confess I'm a bit pleased with Horacio being out. However, I'm unhappy Chipper is out. I see Remlinger,Villareal, Cormier, James, and Ray being potential great successes.

If Moylan and Reitsma step up their game our bullpen could be a potential strength.

Our rotation needs to step it up. However I was impressed with Thomson yesterday.

Barring Chipper, our offense is pretty decent. I do hope Frenchy gets on track. Tony Pena's up from AAA and Devine is back down. We'll see how it works out. I'll see you all in a bit. Wish me luck with this computer crap.

Go Bravos.
                      Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Peter Moylan?

Bringing up Moylan Baffles me. Does anyone know who he is? Let me enlighten you

Pitched in the Gulf Coast league for two years in 97 and 98, solidly unspectacular. Then plays the next few years in Australia. Yup, Australia. Comes to prominence in the US while pitching for Team Australia in the WBC. The team that lost all three games it played.

He was offered contracts from a few different teams after his "success" in the WBC. Moylan was like the other Aussie pitchers, wild, wild, wild. Apparently the Braves like him because he throws hard(96) and sidearm.

I watched him this spring, and wasnt overly impressed. he got some guys out, but they hit the ball hard as well.

The Braves have better options.

ON a positive note, its good that they sent Devine down. It was ridiculous that they even called him up. He struck out a lot of guys this spring, but he also showed signs that he wasnt ready. Pulling up this early in the season was just mean, he clearly isnt ready. and PLEASE, can some coach, any coach in the Braves organization work on his mechanics? its no wonder his back hurts, and he has a hard time getting the ball down.

Skip the same old tired sites, come over to our side of the web - http://www.bravesoxtalk.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Eugenious
                          Bringing up Moylan Baffles me. Does anyone know who he is? Let me enlighten you

Pitched in the Gulf Coast league for two years in 97 and 98, solidly unspectacular. Then plays the next few years in Australia. Yup, Australia. Comes to prominence in the US while pitching for Team Australia in the WBC. The team that lost all three games it played.

He was offered contracts from a few different teams after his "success" in the WBC. Moylan was like the other Aussie pitchers, wild, wild, wild. Apparently the Braves like him because he throws hard(96) and sidearm.

I watched him this spring, and wasnt overly impressed. he got some guys out, but they hit the ball hard as well.

The Braves have better options.

The minors have plenty of guys with stories similar to Moylan that just never make it all the way (Ken Ray for example). By which I mean guys with good potential/talent/stuff, but problems with control, attitude, health, you name it. To go along with his well-known strikeouts in the WBC he also had a few walks to go with them if I'm not mistaken. The Braves only threw him what? A $30k contract? Thats practically just the normal minor league contract rate anyway. If he works out at all the Braves will look smart for getting him and if he doesn't few will notice because the expectations are low anyway.

More then anything after signing this guy, this callup is from the Braves really wanting to see what this guy has. With a pitcher that age, there isn't much point in letting them stay down in the minors to 'develop' anyway. No doubt both sides want to see whether or not Moylan has what it takes for the Majors so if he doesn't A) the Braves can cut him loose and B) he could go back home and not wallow in the minors halfway around the world from his family.

Plus pretty much all (but not all) pitchers that go the sidearm route have control problems. Its very difficult to get your mechanics down so you can throw that way with velocity and control. Your release point, and the way your wrist/hand position effect the ball's movement in a much different way then traditional delivery.

His roll would probably only be short relief anyway, so if they guy can hold it together for even only a couple of batters he would be able to get the job done.
                          Last edited by grizzly451; 04-12-2006, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• I'm going to the game tonight. The matchup will be Lidle vrs. Sosa. Anyone tell me if you see a kid with a braves spring training hat and a braves jersey.

P.S. My math teacher will be there and he is a phillies fan!!!

Comment

• Www.bravesoxtalk.com

Yeah, i was pretty harsh on Moylan, my boys asked me to restrain the tough talk and let them do the talking, so im just going to read what you guys got, and try and get some of you to read the site.

Its some funny stuff, and they know what they are talking about, they welcome anyone writing in, and they will post it.

But i still like Kevin Barry better...

www.bravesoxtalk.com

Comment

• Tonight's Game: Kyle Davies (0-0, 5.40 ERA) vs. Gavin Floyd (0-1, 10.12 ERA

OK, last night's game was brutal. Seemed like everyone was off daydreaming during the game. Certainly Sosa was, Bobby needs to give him some extra practice at his fundamentals. He walked Lidle on 5 pitches, then didn't cover first on that grounder Rollins hit to LaRoche. Renteria misplaying that ball afterwards was the straw that broke the camels back, leading to the Phillies scoring 2 runs. Bottom line is that we should have won last night.

The announcers kept talking about Franceour showing signs of breaking out of his slump, but going 1 for 4 with a single (2 strikeouts) didn't show me that. McCann and Betemit definitely looked impressive, leading the offense last night. Its great to see different guys carrying the team along with the ones you would expect. McCann was thrown out trying to make it home last night, but it was 2 outs with Sosa batting next so I think that the coach made the right call waving him home.

The offense is still pounding it out, the Braves really need Davies to go out there tonight and show everyone he belongs in the rotation with a real gem of a game.

Last night's box score:

Philadelphia 0 4 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 7 8 1
                                Atlanta 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 5 14 1

Standings thru 4/12/06 | Wrap | Gameday

Philadelphia AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
                                Rollins, SS 5 1 2 0 0 1 0 .394
                                Rowand, CF 5 1 1 2 0 1 1 .286
                                Abreu, RF 4 0 0 0 1 1 0 .300
                                Burrell, LF 4 1 1 1 0 0 3 .259
                                Victorino, LF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286
                                Utley, 2B 3 1 0 0 1 0 0 .200
                                Howard, 1B 4 1 2 0 0 0 0 .321
                                Bell, 3B 4 0 1 0 0 0 3 .190
                                Lieberthal, C 4 1 1 2 0 0 2 .286
                                Lidle, P 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 .000
                                a-Gonzalez, PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                Franklin, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                b-Dellucci, PH 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .100
                                Geary, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                Cormier, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                Rhodes, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                Gordon, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                Totals 36 7 8 5 3 4 10

a-Grounded out for Lidle in the 7th. b-Struck out for Franklin in the 8th.

BATTING
                                2B: Lieberthal (3, Sosa), Bell (1, Moylan).
                                HR: Rowand (1, 7th inning off James, 1 on, 1 out), Burrell (3, 7th inning off James, 0 on, 2 out).
                                TB: Rollins 2; Rowand 4; Burrell 4; Howard 2; Bell 2; Lieberthal 2.
                                RBI: Lieberthal 2 (3), Rowand 2 (3), Burrell (5).
                                2-out RBI: Lieberthal 2; Burrell.
                                Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Burrell 2; Dellucci.
                                Team LOB: 5.

FIELDING
                                E: Bell (3, throw).
                                Outfield assists: Rowand (McCann at home).

Atlanta AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
                                Giles, 2B 5 0 1 0 0 1 2 .250
                                Renteria, SS 5 0 2 0 0 1 1 .375
                                Langerhans, LF 5 0 0 0 0 3 3 .385
                                Jones, A, CF 4 1 2 0 0 0 2 .324
                                LaRoche, 1B 4 1 1 0 0 1 2 .250
                                Francoeur, RF 4 1 1 0 0 2 1 .081
                                McCann, C 4 1 2 2 0 0 2 .286
                                Betemit, 3B 4 1 3 2 0 0 0 .471
                                Sosa, P 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .500
                                a-Orr, PH 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 .375
                                James, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                Cormier, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                b-Jordan, PH 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 .375
                                Moylan, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                c-Diaz, PH 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .286
                                Remlinger, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
                                Totals 39 5 14 5 0 10 14

a-Tripled for Sosa in the 4th. b-Singled for Cormier in the 7th. c-Struck out for Moylan in the 8th.

BATTING
                                2B: Jones, A (2, Lidle), Betemit 3 (3, Lidle, Lidle, Cormier).
                                3B: Orr (1, Lidle).
                                HR: McCann (3, 4th inning off Lidle, 0 on, 2 out).
                                TB: Giles; Renteria 2; Jones, A 3; LaRoche; Francoeur; McCann 5; Betemit 6; Orr 3; Jordan.
                                RBI: McCann 2 (5), Orr (1), Betemit 2 (5).
                                2-out RBI: McCann 2; Orr; Betemit 2.
                                Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Jones, A; Giles; Langerhans; Diaz.
                                Team LOB: 7.

BASERUNNING
                                CS: Renteria (1, 2nd base by Lidle/Lieberthal).

FIELDING
                                E: Renteria (2, fielding).

Philadelphia IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
                                Lidle (W, 1-1) 6.0 10 3 3 0 7 1 4.91
                                Franklin 1.0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1.50
                                Geary 0.1 2 2 2 0 0 0 3.86
                                Cormier (H, 1) 0.1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
                                Rhodes (H, 1) 0.1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2.70
                                Gordon (S, 1) 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3.00
                                Atlanta IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
                                Sosa (L, 0-2) 4.0 4 4 2 3 2 0 11.37
                                James 2.2 3 3 3 0 0 2 3.12
                                Cormier 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
                                Moylan 1.0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0.00
                                Remlinger 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2.45

WP: James.
                                Pitches-strikes: Lidle 90-62, Franklin 17-11, Geary 11-8, Cormier 6-3, Rhodes 5-4, Gordon 17-12, Sosa 80-47, James 45-28, Cormier 1-1, Moylan 16-9, Remlinger 14-7.
                                Ground outs-fly outs: Lidle 4-5, Franklin 1-1, Geary 1-0, Cormier 0-1, Rhodes 0-0, Gordon 2-0, Sosa 1-9, James 4-4, Cormier 1-0, Moylan 0-2, Remlinger 2-0.
                                Batters faced: Lidle 26, Franklin 4, Geary 3, Cormier 2, Rhodes 1, Gordon 3, Sosa 20, James 11, Cormier 1, Moylan 4, Remlinger 3.
                                Inherited runners-scored: Cormier 2-2, Rhodes 1-0.
                                Umpires: HP: CB Bucknor. 1B: John Hirschbeck. 2B: Wally Bell. 3B: Mark Carlson.
                                Weather: 73 degrees, clear.
                                Wind: 6 mph, R to L.
                                T: 2:59.
                                Att: 37,107
                                Last edited by grizzly451; 04-13-2006, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X