No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was there and it was a nerveracker!!! Maybe if Renteria didn't make that error he would of saved two runs...
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• You can't really blame that on him, the ball bounced off the side of the mound, he did his best.

You can blame the loss on Sosa who was sub-par.
      Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Did you all see Pete Orr's triple.
        That guy is faaaaaaaaast. He could be faster than Raffy.

Comment

• Tonight, the braves face the phillies again for the 3rd and final time of this series. Kyle Davies will face Gavin Floyd. If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the Braves tonight.

As long as we keep winning series after series we will be very successful. If we win tonight we will be back at .500 .

I hope to see Ray and Reitsma (and of course Davies) pitch well tonight. Again ,if Ray and Moylan become reliable bullpen guys we can turn that aspect of the team into a strength.

Comment

• I think Kyle Davies will outpitch Gavin Floyd tonight. The offense should take care of Kyle, my prediction is a Braves 6-3 win.
            2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• I'll go 7-1 Braves over Phillies.

Comment

• Ouch! 3 homers in the 1st inning by the opposing team is a horrible way to start a game.

So far, ABF the score has flipped on you, its Phillies 6, Braves 3. Davies didn't have much tonight and he's already out of the game.

Good Luck on the comeback guys! Go Braves!

Boy the pitching this season, phew what can ya say? Hopefully the bullpen will make another good showing.
                Last edited by grizzly451; 04-13-2006, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• I blame it all on Leo's departure!!! Anyways, I'm pretty ticked about the loss... Francoeur may of broken his slump with 2 homers!!! . Or ofcourse another fluke, we'll find out...
                  Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• HA86 don't blame McDowall. Davies was awful the first inning but then rebounded for a good 4 innings. And hey how about the bullpen. If you're going to blame McDowell for the rotation problems, you have to give him kudos for the job he has done with the pen.

If I'm going to blame McDowell for pitching woes it'll at least be after the All Star Break.

Again a good game for the Braves, yet strike another up in the loss column. And if we keep falling back, expect some Mets fans to begn posting some smack.

If we could sweep the Pads that'd be great. Once again we lose the game and series to the Phils.

Comment

• Bullpen Update

James 0-0 4G 8.2 IP 3.12 ERA. Lefty
                      Moylan 0-0 1G 1 IP 0.00 ERA.
                      Remlinger 1-0 7G 4 IP 2.25 ERA. Lefty
                      Ray 0-0 5G 5 IP 0.00 ERA.
                      Cormier 0-0 7G 6.2 IP 1.17 ERA.
                      Villareal 3-0 6G 7 IP 1.50 ERA.

*Reitsma 0-1 4G 4.2 IP 7.71 ERA. 3/4 SV/SO

*Closer

Comment

• Is it Roger McDowell's fault?

Great piece about it here...
                        http://www.bravesoxtalk.com/I-85_Club.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Eugenious
                          Great piece about it here...
                          http://www.bravesoxtalk.com/I-85_Club.html
                          I agree. If you're going to blame the starters struggling on McDowell, then you also better give him credit for the way the bullpen has been pitching. Look at the stats GB posted -- that's pretty impressive compared to last year!
                          Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• Braves Win!!! 5-4 over Padres.
                            Thanks to Frenchy and Renteria with another homer, and some more great bullpen work.
                            Let's win the series tomorrow with Smoltz.
                            Hudson pitched very well tonight.
                            Give Villareal his 4th win. Leauge Leading 4th win I should say.
                            Great Win Gang.

PS. 11 Game hit streak for Renteria.
                            Last edited by Go Bravos!!!#1; 04-14-2006, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Here's The Box.

Box Score

Comment

• Good to see Francoeur turning it around.

Anyone else really impressed with Langerhans? Here's his line for the current year:
                                Code:
                                G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	TB	BB	SO	SB	CS	OBP	SLG	AVG
                                10	32	5	13	4	1	2	8	25	6	7	0	0	.500	.781	.406
                                He showed flashes of being a good hitter last year, but I think it may take him being an every day player for him to really shine. I never understood last year why Bobby kept platooning him and KJ, or this year why Bobby would pull Langerhans and replace him with Diaz when Francoeur was throwing up 0fers.
                                Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X