Gwinnett Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwinnett Braves

I'm not sure how big this thread is going to get but I wanted to give it a try.

I live in Gwinnett and drive to Atlanta frequently for games but now that a Braves team is only a few minutes away I will be going to those.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is going to be going to these games or what people's views on the team moving from Richmond are.

Tickets for opening day at the new stadium go on sale Saturday at 10am. The presale code is GOBRAVES if anyone is interested.
    I collect any and all Braves cards and memorabilia. I also collect baseballs and Pre-1060's Topps cards.
    Trusted traders - Rpollard86, duckydps, Mike D., Rockhound, Drillbit

Originally posted by xholdourownx View Post

I live in Gwinnett and drive to Atlanta frequently for games but now that a Braves team is only a few minutes away I will be going to those.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is going to be going to these games or what people's views on the team moving from Richmond are.

Tickets for opening day at the new stadium go on sale Saturday at 10am. The presale code is GOBRAVES if anyone is interested.
    being from richmond, i must say I am a little sad to see them go. Especially, with Hanson likely starting out in AAA and maybe schafer too. The AAA team is gonna be pretty stocked this year. Should make for a good team. I just wonder how one town is gonna support two teams (when the atlanta doesn't even sell out). Although, not like richmond did a great job supporting either.

Comment

Cool. I imagine your excited to have a Braves team in the area. Wasn't the move from Richmond to Gwinnett mainly because of a new stadium? Chip&Smoltz95 can probably clarify.

The team's move from Greenville to Mississippi was crazy. The Braves moved out of Greenville because of the unwillingness of Greenville to build a new stadium. So, the team moves to Pearl, MS and a Red Sox affiliate moves into the old stadium, but a year later the town builds a new stadium.
      My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
        Cool. I imagine your excited to have a Braves team in the area. Wasn't the move from Richmond to Gwinnett mainly because of a new stadium? Chip&Smoltz95 can probably clarify.

The team's move from Greenville to Mississippi was crazy. The Braves moved out of Greenville because of the unwillingness of Greenville to build a new stadium. So, the team moves to Pearl, MS and a Red Sox affiliate moves into the old stadium, but a year later the town builds a new stadium.
        Yep. It's a great stadium too. Looks just like Fenway Park.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Wasn't the move from Richmond to Gwinnett mainly because of a new stadium? Chip&Smoltz95 can probably clarify.

See
          Braves to leave Richmond (International League) after 42 years?
          and
          Richmond's "the Diamond"... Illustrated!

Comment

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
            I just wonder how one town is gonna support two teams (when the atlanta doesn't even sell out). Although, not like richmond did a great job supporting either.
            For most of their time there, Richmond was a very good town for the Braves. There's a reason the partnership endured for more than forty years!

As for Gwinnett/Atlanta, I think it may actually help attendance for the big Braves (though it will be tough to see the effect in the declining economy), by building the "fan clubs," so to speak, for the up and coming players before they reach Atlanta, and through the obvious cross-promotion efforts.

In general, there's actually less of a substitution effect than you might think between major league and minor league baseball attendance.

Comment

The Braves moved out of Greenville because of the unwillingness of Greenville to build a new stadium. So, the team moves to Pearl, MS and a Red Sox affiliate moves into the old stadium, but a year later the town builds a new stadium.
              that's exactly what is happening. As soon as the braves left talks of a new stadium began. I think the braves probably wanted to leave anyway just used the new stadium as the breaking point. It is probably quite beneficial to have the AAA team so close to the MLB team.

Comment

i am actually looking forward to seeing them open....and tickets arent that expensive either
                Free Online Music Forum @ www.musicboards.com

Music Forum

Comment

CSS will be televising 25 Gwinnett Braves games this year. Broadcasters are Josh Caray and Brian Jordan.

Here is a link to the schedule of televised games:

2009 Gwinnett Braves TV Schedule
                  My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Once the park opens if someone could post some pics here that would be cool. I would like to see the new place. Sad they had to leave Richmond but it was a smart move for the Braves. Isnt ATL like the 4th largest metro area in the US? I think the minor league team will have no problem with support. Anyways, the major league parent and minor league team dont necessarily complete with each other for fans, they are different brands of entertainment.

G Man

Comment

I'll probably try to make it to a few games this summer. Even though the drive to Gwinnett is longer than going to Atlanta, it'll be great to take in a game at a new ballpark and to watch some future stars.
                      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

that should be a nasty rotation: hanson, morton, reyes, medlen and parr. Everyone but medlen could probably find a starting job on at least a few teams in the majors.

Comment

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
                          that should be a nasty rotation: hanson, morton, reyes, medlen and parr. Everyone but medlen could probably find a starting job on at least a few teams in the majors.
                          lol man thats exactly what I was saying in another thread. We have a very bright future ahead of us. Could you also imagine if we didnt trade Adam Wainwright to the Cards for JD Drew and trade Jamie Devine. We wouldn't of been in the situation we were in this offseason. However FW did an awesome job on repairing our Starting Rotation.
                          trusted traders: Rockhound,xholdourownx,Drillbit,Tebow15

Comment

It will be fun to see the stars from other teams as well. Having AAA in the backyard will be great as, with the "A" Braves "up the road" in Rome, we'll be able to see the stars come full circle.
                            If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Gwinnett are you from? I am from Snellville.
                              Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X