Dear Atlanta Braves,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Atlanta Braves,

Please, call me up. I know that you have your reasons for keeping me in AAA, but please, for the love of God, call me up. You could use me, too. It wouldn't be like I would be used as an easily replaceable bullpen arm. You could say, start me! I don't know, but please, call me up. I'm good!

Respectfully Yours,
    Tommy Hanson.

Originally posted by baseballismylyf4 View Post
    Please, call me up. I know that you have your reasons for keeping me in AAA, but please, for the love of God, call me up. You could use me, too. It wouldn't be like I would be used as an easily replaceable bullpen arm. You could say, start me! I don't know, but please, call me up. I'm good!

Respectfully Yours,
    Tommy Hanson.
    When Tom Glavine finally realizes he isn't a major league pitcher anymore you'll get the call, hopefully that is sooner then later.
    Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Respectfully Yours,
      Tommy Hanson.
      Dear Tommy Hanson,

We understand your desire to be part of the major league club, and you will eventually be up here, but we believe that the best thing for our organization is for you to stay in Gwinnett until June 1st of this year. That way, we may be able to have more money to help build a winning ballclub around you. We appreciate you putting in the work to excel. You'll get your shot and when you do, we know you'll succeed.

Regards,
      Atlanta Braves Baseball Club, Inc.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
        Dear Tommy Hanson,

We understand your desire to be part of the major league club, and you will eventually be up here, but we believe that the best thing for our organization is for you to stay in Gwinnett until June 1st of this year. That way, we may be able to have more money to help build a winning ballclub around you. We appreciate you putting in the work to excel. You'll get your shot and when you do, we know you'll succeed.

Regards,
        Dear Atlanta Braves Baseball Club, Inc.

I appreciate your concern for my salary, selfish ********. You're hurting the organization by not starting me. To me, this tells our fan-base, "Hey, we're cheapasses. We're making you pay money to see the us put out our 2nd option roster." Call me up, there is nothing more I can do in Triple-A, or burn in hell.

Disrespectfully Yours,
        Tommy Hanson

Comment

I've said it before, the Braves are going through the motions before Hanson gets the call. Waiting to see what Glavine can do on the field first is probably the biggest holdup for Hanson's arrival. Plus, the June 1st and money probably has a bit to do with it too.
          My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Dear Atlanta Braves Baseball Club, Inc.

I appreciate your concern for my salary, selfish ********. You're hurting the organization by not starting me. To me, this tells our fan-base, "Hey, we're cheapasses. We're making you pay money to see the us put out our 2nd option roster." Call me up, there is nothing more I can do in Triple-A, or burn in hell.

Disrespectfully Yours,
            Tommy Hanson
            Dear Tommy Hanson,

We're sorry you feel this way, but putting a better product out in the future sometimes requires sacrifices today. Also, we have another pitcher's feelings to consider in this situation. Our Hall of Fame starter Tom Glavine, with whom you were teammates briefly, wants another shot with us to end his career on a good note. If he believes that he is the best option over you, then we are more than willing to accomadate him. Quite frankly, the extremely casual fans will appreciate this as well. We continue to ask for your patience.

Still Warm Regards,

This pretty much sums up the situation. The organization has painted themselves into a corner with Glavine, so they have to start him when he comes back. I'm not rooting for him to hurt himself or realize he can't pitch anymore and retire. However, shattering his wish of ending his career the way he wants to is the most direct way for Hanson to come up after June 1st.

The "We want Hanson now" attitude is just a little concerning to me too. It's clear that it's not best for the organization for them to call him up before June 1st. A couple of million dollars saved here and there can be crucial. Also, Hanson has said that he's willing to wait as long as it takes. He knows that he'll get his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
              I've said it before, the Braves are going through the motions before Hanson gets the call. Waiting to see what Glavine can do on the field first is probably the biggest holdup for Hanson's arrival. Plus, the June 1st and money probably has a bit to do with it too.
              Exactly. Glavine is the top priority here.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                Exactly. Glavine is the top priority here.
                Shouldn't winning be the top priority?
                Also -- There is no set date on when all that arbitration stuff gets settled. I don't know why people say June 1, because there isn't a date. It's just a "oh hey, he came up too early" judgement, which I think is stupid. Hanson, right now, is better than Glavine.

I should probably clear up that I'm not a Braves fan, but I do follow all the organizations top prospects, and over the past year, Hanson has been nothing short of phenomenal. I applaud the Braves for drafting him and sticking through his rocky early years.

Comment

Shouldn't winning be the top priority?
                  Also -- There is no set date on when all that arbitration stuff gets settled. I don't know why people say June 1, because there isn't a date. It's just a "oh hey, he came up too early" judgement, which I think is stupid. Hanson, right now, is better than Glavine.

I should probably clear up that I'm not a Braves fan, but I do follow all the organizations top prospects, and over the past year, Hanson has been nothing short of phenomenal. I applaud the Braves for drafting him and sticking through his rocky early years.
                  Then it might be hard to understand, Glavine's legacy gives him the first shot. You won't find many here that think Hanson isn't better then Glavine but every team has a hard time cutting the cord for a player that has done so much for your team. (just look at Ortiz and Boston)

Also it is simply not the biggest concern, if the Braves were having the majority of their rotation going 5 innings then Hanson would likely be up by now but with the staff being one of the best in the NL it isn't a huge deal to wait.

You are right about the June 1st date but most agree that is around the date that it is considered safe for avoiding Super-Two status. It is dumb to try and avoid it if it is truly crippling your team (for example, if Heyward was older and proven to be ready it would be dumb for Atlanta not to promote him with there bad OF) but with Hanson that isn't the case. Yes, the Braves haven't had the best 5th starter this year but that isn't what has hurt this team so it really isn't a major concern.
                  Last edited by PureBaseballFan; 05-24-2009, 10:41 PM.
                  Extend Prado!!!

Comment

If anything, Hanson would be victimized by poor support if he came up to Atlanta to pitch, so, as PBF said, there is no hurry.

Comment

Dear Atlanta Braves,

I keep getting these checks from you on the first and fifteenth of each month. I appreciate it and all, but I can't really see why you keep paying me. Could someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Sincerely, Jo Jo Reyes.

P.S., Please tell Tom Glavine to stop giving me advice on pitching. It's annoying.
                      3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"All of which makes perfect sense on paper, unless you have actually at any time in your life watched baseball being played." - The Commissioner

Comment

Zing! Good one.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X