Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest moments at Braves Field and Milwaukee County Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest moments at Braves Field and Milwaukee County Stadium?

I'm working on a series of video narratives of ballparks from the past and I'm trying to decide on what would be the best moments to cover from Braves Field and Milwaukee County Stadium. Of those ballparks, which would you consider the best moments?
    For Braves Field, I was thinking of either Paul Waner's 3,000th or game 6 of the 1948 World Series and for Milwaukee County Stadium, I was thinking either game 4 of the 1957 World Series or Warren Spahn's 300th.

I think you have to include Aaron's pennant-clinching walkoff homer against the Cards in '57.
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"All of which makes perfect sense on paper, unless you have actually at any time in your life watched baseball being played." - The Commissioner

Comment

Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
      I think you have to include Aaron's pennant-clinching walkoff homer against the Cards in '57.
      I was going to mention that. That's a pennant-winning home run that precious few people remember today.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Sounds like a good choice. I'm surprised people don't talk much about it along with the 3-game play-off against the Dodgers in '59.

Comment

For Braves field maybe their last World series appearence

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin Cecil View Post
            Sounds like a good choice. I'm surprised people don't talk much about it along with the 3-game play-off against the Dodgers in '59.
            The reason Braves fans don't talk about the playoff is because they lost that badly, and it continued to show the folly of Fred Haney's decisions.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
              The reason Braves fans don't talk about the playoff is because they lost that badly, and it continued to show the folly of Fred Haney's decisions.
              I can understand why Braves fans wouldn't talk about it, but I'm referring to fans in general. I didn't know the Braves and Dodgers fared in a 3-game play-off series in '59 until I recently read the Braves Wikipedia bio.

Comment

One of the greatest accomplishments in ML history took place at County Stadium 50 years ago last night. Harvey Haddix of the Pittsburgh Pirates pitched 12 perfect innings against the Braves on May 26, 1959. The Pirates, however, were also unable to score, and the Braves won the game in the last of the 13th on an error, a sacrifice, intentional walk, then an apparent home rumn by Joe Adcock which turned into a double when Adcock passed Hank Aaron on the basepath.

As a single event this is one of the greatest and most unique occurences in baseball history. It might be worth considering.

Comment

That's a really good choice, too. I forgot that Haddix's game was in that park. It'll be hard to decide what moment to pick. Game 4 of the '57 World Series was really good, too.

If you'd like to see more of my ideas for this project, click here:

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=90458

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X