Devine....what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devine....what do you guys think?

I see Devine gave up another homer last night. Do think these homers he has allowed are/or will get into his psyche? He still is young, but do you think it could possibly ruin all this potential? Let me know what you think.

Devine shows some disturbing wildness too. He's shown in spring training and in college that he has some good stuff. But so far he's having some serious trouble with major league hitters.

Maybe he's tipping his pitchers? who knows...

He could be one of those players that does well in the minors up to AAA but doesn't really get it going in the majors. He's still too young and inexperienced to say things like that with any seriousness though.

I think the kid just needs more time to develop in the minors, he just doesn't come to the mound in the right mindset most of time. The way this game is though it could be a bit of bad luck too.

Comment

Yeah, someone needs to tell him he doesn't need to throw so hard. Nor does he need to use his slider to try to get every batter out.

Comment

I don't know about you guys but after less than a year as a professional player and 6 innings in the Majors I am ready to give up on this guy!
        I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

I don't know about giving up on him, but I think we really have hyped Joey up. I said in another thread (I can't remember which one) that he hasn't done anything for us to believe he should be the closer. Right now I don't know who could be the closer for this team. But, I know 100% that Joey Devine can't handle the closer's role right now.
          2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

I'm not ready to give up on Devine yet, but I do think he needs about a year in Richmond as the closer, just to prove to himself that he can do it at the professional level. And I'd like to see John Thomson get some save opportunities if it looks like Chris Reitsma can't handle the load.

Comment

I'm sure most of it is just Devine trying too hard, probably trying to blow everyone away.

I agree that Devine probably needs some more time in AAA. Like leave the kid there for a 3, 4 months and let him get some good experience.

I have no problem leaving him on the active roster either, but I just don't want him to end up hurting himself mentally. And I think the 4 walks he gave up the other night are a clear sign that he is going that route.

Comment

Okay apparently the little sarcasm emoticon does not have the effect I thought it would. I absolutely 100% do not believe we should give up on devine. ABF, I base my opinion of Devine from what I saw of him at N.C. State, the guy can be lights out. I believe the Braves saw something they must have believed in for them to go against their norm and draft college guy. Let us not forget that He made it to the majors the same year he was drafted. I do not believe he is ready for the closers role, but I do believe that given a little more time he can be the closer of the future for the Braves.
                I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X