X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Exactly! This is strange. For Jeff's sake, I hope he turns it around in NY. Isn't Church the 4th outfielder on the Mets? I wonder if Wren just wanted to get Jeff out of town and accepted the best offer. It still seems odd to me.
    He's not necessarily the fourth outfielder. He turned into a high-quality one because of the players the Mets have (when healthy). He'll do more than replace Francoeur and it'll be good for him to get out of Citi Field. Just don't expect too much of an increase in slugging. He will walk more, though. Lots more.

Leave a comment:

• Extra Innings
    replied
    Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post

This trade is funny to me more than anything. Out of all teams, the Mets?
    Exactly! This is strange. For Jeff's sake, I hope he turns it around in NY. Isn't Church the 4th outfielder on the Mets? I wonder if Wren just wanted to get Jeff out of town and accepted the best offer. It still seems odd to me.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
    The only downfall with Church is that ever since he received those painful headaches (last year) he just hasn't been the same. His hitting suffered, and he's prone to go on the dl alot.
    I do notice that Citi Field has killed his batting this year:

111 PA, .216/.297/.278, 3 2B, 1 HR, 10 RBI

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied

This trade is funny to me more than anything. Out of all teams, the Mets?

Leave a comment:

• AutographCollector
    replied
    The only downfall with Church is that ever since he received those painful headaches (last year) he just hasn't been the same. His hitting suffered, and he's prone to go on the dl alot.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
    Yeah, maybe for you, but it's about stinking time.

I hope Jeff does well in New York, but... well, I don't think that's likely.

Ryan Church will take some walks, but his slugging seems to have regressed since 2006. Thankfully, this year has a lot to do with Citi Field. We should see him do well in Atlanta.

Leave a comment:

• Francoeur gets traded to the Mets for Ryan Church

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4320078

Heartbreak.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X