Jason Heyward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    I know he is young, but what is wrong? He is having an awful season. What is the word in Atlanta?
    His bat speed really seems to have dropped (most likely due to the shoulder injury) and he is also getting on top of the ball, basically his swing is messed up. Every now and then you see a glimpse of that old swing but he is still struggling to find it consistently. Most likely he won't completely find it all until he can get into the offseason watch a bunch of tape and consistently work on it.
    Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
      His bat speed really seems to have dropped (most likely due to the shoulder injury) and he is also getting on top of the ball, basically his swing is messed up. Every now and then you see a glimpse of that old swing but he is still struggling to find it consistently. Most likely he won't completely find it all until he can get into the offseason watch a bunch of tape and consistently work on it.
      Right, and there are some that blame Parrish for screwing it up in the first place.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

His swing is all screwed up and the exceptional plate discipline he showed last year is often not in evidence. I don't think guys just get here and decide to change something that works. He's clearly been influenced by the staff (I would blame Gonzalez nearly as much as Parrish) and it's been largely in a negative direction. I've seen this happen countless times when a coach who thinks he knows best alters the already successful routine of an advanced player.
        3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"All of which makes perfect sense on paper, unless you have actually at any time in your life watched baseball being played." - The Commissioner

Comment

What's up with Heyward? He was supposed to be the next big thing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X