Any advice, secrets, tips, etc. about spring training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice, secrets, tips, etc. about spring training

Does anyone have any advice, secrets, or tips you can share regarding your experience at the Braves spring training complex that make it more enjoyable? Anything about trying to get up close and personal to the players for pictures with the players and autograph collectors, etc.? Thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by Tyler4; 01-07-2010, 12:38 PM.

Send a PM to Rpollard86. I think he goes to a number of Braves ST games collecting autographs. Hope that helps, Good Luck.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
      Send a PM to Rpollard86. I think he goes to a number of Braves ST games collecting autographs. Hope that helps, Good Luck.
      Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. Have a great day!

Comment

Hey. I was posting in the thread you had in the card section but I thought it would be better here.

The Braves ST stadium is great. One of the best facilities. The stadium opens about 2 hours before game time I think. Maybe check that for sure. It seems to change occasionally. If you want autos one of the best places is out on the berm in left field. It's by the players batting cages so you can catch batting practice home runs while you wait for players to leave the cages. Most will sign as they leave if you just ask. Some will not come over if you just stand there and stare at them, definitely don't be afraid to ask.
        After they leave the cages you might want to walk over by the dugouts, depending on which team you want to get autos from just try standing above it. Lots of players will sign before the game as they are coming out to do pre game warm ups.
        You can't really get any autos at this stadium during the game. You can at Tampa Bays stadium depending on the day if you stand by the third base line bullpen.
        After the game I usually get to the dugout to try to get line up cards or baseballs. You can occasionally catch the players as they leave the stadium but I have never really tried.
        The visitor bullpen is very accessible at this stadium. If they team they are playing is friendly it is a decent place to be at various times. The best time is right before the game as players are starting to come out and warm up.
        I typically get around 10 or so autos a day at the stadium just from standing by the batting cages during batting practice and getting autos between catching balls. I have met people who can double or triple that number by moving around the stadium and solely focusing on getting autographs.
        Good luck.
        I collect any and all Braves cards and memorabilia. I also collect baseballs and Pre-1060's Topps cards.
        Trusted traders - Rpollard86, duckydps, Mike D., Rockhound, Drillbit

Comment

Originally posted by xholdourownx View Post
          Hey. I was posting in the thread you had in the card section but I thought it would be better here.

The Braves ST stadium is great. One of the best facilities. The stadium opens about 2 hours before game time I think. Maybe check that for sure. It seems to change occasionally. If you want autos one of the best places is out on the berm in left field. It's by the players batting cages so you can catch batting practice home runs while you wait for players to leave the cages. Most will sign as they leave if you just ask. Some will not come over if you just stand there and stare at them, definitely don't be afraid to ask.
          After they leave the cages you might want to walk over by the dugouts, depending on which team you want to get autos from just try standing above it. Lots of players will sign before the game as they are coming out to do pre game warm ups.
          You can't really get any autos at this stadium during the game. You can at Tampa Bays stadium depending on the day if you stand by the third base line bullpen.
          After the game I usually get to the dugout to try to get line up cards or baseballs. You can occasionally catch the players as they leave the stadium but I have never really tried.
          The visitor bullpen is very accessible at this stadium. If they team they are playing is friendly it is a decent place to be at various times. The best time is right before the game as players are starting to come out and warm up.
          I typically get around 10 or so autos a day at the stadium just from standing by the batting cages during batting practice and getting autos between catching balls. I have met people who can double or triple that number by moving around the stadium and solely focusing on getting autographs.
          Good luck.
          Wow that's a lot of very useful information! Thanks I greatly appreciate it! If my trip turns out well and I get any insider secrets from any fellow fans, staff, or anyone I will be sure to let you know. How many lineup cards have you collected over the years? Do you have any idea what time(s) they are on the practice fields and the easiest way to access them is? I'll be sure to try out there in left field by the batting cages. I wonder how accessible the players parking lot is to get into/get where they come in and leave. I also wonder how easy it would be to get autographs as they're arriving/leaving if it's not too early nor too late..

Comment

I have gotten probably close to a dozen line up cards that have the coaches auto. Sometimes they arent signed and I have a handful of those.

I wouldn't really try the players as they arrive as they can sometimes arrive at pretty different times. Leaving you at least know that the game is over and they are all leaving. The player parking lot is accessible, but I am not sure where or if there is security at all.
            I collect any and all Braves cards and memorabilia. I also collect baseballs and Pre-1060's Topps cards.
            Trusted traders - Rpollard86, duckydps, Mike D., Rockhound, Drillbit

Comment

Players get there pretty early. Best time to get graphs is before the games start. When they first report and when they practice for two weeks before the games start. You can't get to the Braves parking lot however you can stand at the fence right by the batting cages. Some players tend to enter and leave there. Also theres a road behind right field where they also leave and you can also get back there as well. The Braves complex is an amusement park for autographs.
              trusted traders: Rockhound,xholdourownx,Drillbit,Tebow15

Comment

Thanks I appreciate all help on this. I'm pretty new to this whole situation so I'll have to go and experience it myself. I can't wait!

Comment

Keep us posted!
                  2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Man I'm getting so stoked just giving him advise just thinking about how awesome these two months are going to be! I just got all of my 8X10 photos in sleeves and binders all I need is a clipboard and I'm ready to roll up to Disney! Oh ya and down the street where that team called the Phillies have their complex at. Blah!

Comment

Why would show up down the street and go to that complex? You better your back in "Phillieland." You might bring something back home with you that you wouldn't wanna bring back..be careful it's a jungle out there.

Comment

haha phillie people are crazy aren't they. It was funny this year how there weren't as many people wearing Phillie's gear as much as they were last year. People were wearing their yankees and tigers and indians stuff. To many bandwagon hoopers in the sport of Baseball!

Comment

They're always crazy! Haha that's true tho! Wait till next year and it's just gonna be another jump on the bandwagon for the team who brings it all home again. Bandwagon fans need to stop! I wonder which team has the most bandwagon fans. Hmm...my vote would be the Red Sox on that one.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X