No announcement yet.

Braves 2010 Spring Training/Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think these teams are almost completely evenly matched: excellent staffs, very good 'pens and offenses that sometimes struggle.
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
      I think these teams are almost completely evenly matched: excellent staffs, very good 'pens and offenses that sometimes struggle.
      If you listen to any of the major sports outlets the Braves don't have a chance, I don't blame them and I prefer them being the underdog instead.
      Extend Prado!!!

Comment

• Yeah, that works for me, too.

Comment

• hopefully the braves can muster more offense than the rays in the first two games. a total of 1 run in 18 innings and only two hits today, yikes!

Comment

• Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
            hopefully the braves can muster more offense than the rays in the first two games. a total of 1 run in 18 innings and only two hits today, yikes!
            Maybe the West Champs (NL & AL) will have the number of the Wild card teams.

Lincecum was lights out.
            2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• I was chatting with a Braves fan from another board throughout the entire game and he kept insisting that Lincecum was terrible because he was having a lot of trouble hitting his spots; the Braves offense was just so bad it made him look like a champion. I can slightly agree with that; the thing is I'm just glad the Braves don't have to face him again until a potential Game Four.

I've said to anyone who'll listen that all the Braves have to do is split at AT&T. Well, this is the time to do it tonight.
              46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                I was chatting with a Braves fan from another board throughout the entire game and he kept insisting that Lincecum was terrible because he was having a lot of trouble hitting his spots; the Braves offense was just so bad it made him look like a champion. I can slightly agree with that; the thing is I'm just glad the Braves don't have to face him again until a potential Game Four.

I've said to anyone who'll listen that all the Braves have to do is split at AT&T. Well, this is the time to do it tonight.
                you got your wish! yay! i like the braves chances to win game 3. I wonder if winning game three has any impact on whether the braves bring lowe back for game 5. With hanson on full rest for game 5 and huddy probably able to pitch one or two innings, I think you throw lowe out there no matter what in game four and use beachy if he gets in trouble.

Comment

• I just have to applaud the work of the bullpen as a whole Kimbrel, Moylan, Venters, Dunn, Wagner, and Farns. :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:
                  Extend Prado!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
                    I just have to applaud the work of the bullpen as a whole Kimbrel, Moylan, Venters, Dunn, Wagner, and Farns. :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:
                    farnsworth had me really worried in the 10th. would I be extremely crazy if i wanted to see glaus get a start at 3B against the lefty? I mean could he really be that much worse than what conrad has done at 2B?

Comment

• Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                      I was chatting with a Braves fan from another board throughout the entire game and he kept insisting that Lincecum was terrible because he was having a lot of trouble hitting his spots; the Braves offense was just so bad it made him look like a champion.
                      Whether he was hitting his spots or not, I'm not really sure. You would have to know what he was trying to do with each pitch and that's not really possible. What I do know is that he didn't have to throw many strikes that night. The Braves were doing a lot of his work for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
                        Whether he was hitting his spots or not, I'm not really sure. You would have to know what he was trying to do with each pitch and that's not really possible. What I do know is that he didn't have to throw many strikes that night. The Braves were doing a lot of his work for him.
                        agreed. maybe the braves will be more patient at home on monday (if he pitches, which I think he will if we win game 3) and he will be a little wild (like he was in the 1st inning).

edit: and I gotta say that I like the way that lowe is willing and demanding (to cox) for the ball on short rest twice now (hudson as well). Veterans are definitely doing there part.
                        Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 10-10-2010, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• This thread came to my mind last night after Conrad's errors. I'm not trying to pile on the guy, he's done some good things this year, but maybe Thurston would've been better. Hindsight is 20-20.

Let's get the win tonight Braves!
                          2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post
                            This thread came to my mind last night after Conrad's errors. I'm not trying to pile on the guy, he's done some good things this year, but maybe Thurston would've been better. Hindsight is 20-20.

Let's get the win tonight Braves!
                            Okay, think of it this way: if Prado isn't injured, Conrad is not on the field. It's that simple.
                            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• well, tough way to go out, but at least all the games were close and exciting (despite not winning more of them). A lot of holes for the braves to fill i think in the offseason. new manager, 3B (maybe), LF, CF or 4th OF, and basically all the bench spots except infante and ross. Also, probably two pen spots open up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X