Yunel Escobar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yunel Escobar

What's up with terrible offensive production thus far?

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    It's a combination of injuries, stubborness (trying to hit everything to right at some points) and old-fashioned bad luck.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
      Here is an article of fangraphs that asks the same question, it would appear he has been hit with bad luck but the power outtage remains a mystery. I would say his BA is going to comeback up but how much power remains to be seen, even if he continues to struggle his great defense helps the team more then any possible replacement.
      Extend Prado!!!

Comment

I thought he was on the verge of becoming a star.

Comment

Well Yunel just keeps coming up in rumors. Hard to really see them moving him though one team that might make sense is the Rockies, they have more OFers then they know what to do with. A trade for Fowler or Spilborghs might make sense but the Braves would likely have to make another trade to replace Yunel. One possible replacement is Alex Gonzalez from Toronto who is falling out of a very competitive race, he would provide some pop and a good bat that is under control to next year while Fowler would provide defense and the ability to hit lefties (though he struggles against righties).

I don't think it will happen because I think the Rockies will just wait it out till Tulo returns.
          Last edited by PureBaseballFan; 07-06-2010, 08:57 AM.
          Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
            Well Yunel just keeps coming up in rumors. Hard to really see them moving him though one team that might make sense is the Rockies, they have more OFers then they know what to do with. A trade for Fowler or Spilborghs might make sense but the Braves would likely have to make another trade to replace Yunel. One possible replacement is Alex Gonzalez from Toronto who is falling out of a very competitive race, he would provide some pop and a good bat that is under control to next year while Fowler would provide defense and the ability to hit lefties (though he struggles against righties).

I don't think it will happen because I think the Rockies will just wait it out till Tulo returns.
            if the dodgers were to do it would you take a kemp for escobar trade?

Comment

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
              if the dodgers were to do it would you take a kemp for escobar trade?
              Don't see why they would do that trade, they have a SS and don't have a replacement for Kemp. They also need Kemp right now with Manny on the DL.
              Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
                Don't see why they would do that trade, they have a SS and don't have a replacement for Kemp. They also need Kemp right now with Manny on the DL.
                oh i missed that manny was on the DL.. good point. he could always move to 3B for the season or maybe furcal would move.

Comment

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
                  oh i missed that manny was on the DL.. good point. he could always move to 3B for the season or maybe furcal would move.
                  They already have Casey Blake at 3B who is doing fine and the Dodgers don't have any real incentive to trade Kemp even when Manny is healthy unless management really dislikes him.

One other out their option is to talk to the Rays, something like Upton and Brignac for Yunel, Schafer and Dunn (perhaps another minor prospect). Braves get a decent replacement for Yunel and take a chance on Upton who seems to be losing some favor, I still think that is a stretch though. If Yunel is going to be traded I have a hard time seeing it happening during the season and if he was put on the block even then it will be near impossible for the Braves to replace Yunel effectively this year and the coming in any trade.
                  Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X