X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davids Justice
    started a topic Gonzalez Trade - Thank you Atlanta Braves

Gonzalez Trade - Thank you Atlanta Braves

As a diehard Fan of the Toronto Blue Jays - I was sad to see AGon head to the Braves to join ex jays Troy Glaus and Eric Hinske. But after 1 1/2 weeks with Yunel, I can't understand what Bobby (1 Championship) Cox had on his head... This guy is ridiculous. Escobar has played amazing defence, has a rocket for an arm and is hitting the cover off the ball. Sorry guys, big mistake.

Can someone explain what this guy did to make the move such a necessity?

• PureBaseballFan
    replied
    Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
    did he have a habit of not running out grounders and making vapor lock fielding plays or was that just a mishmosh of things from a series when they played the Mets?
    It was a mixture at times, he rarely ran hard on grounders if he thought they were going to get him. On defense I think there were some balls he could have gotten to if he went hard but he would barely even move and just watch it.

When he is motivated he is in my mind one of the best defensive SS in the league (with Andrus just edging him out) but the problem is those games where he isn't because he can just look lazy at times.

Leave a comment:

• PVNICK
    replied
    did he have a habit of not running out grounders and making vapor lock fielding plays or was that just a mishmosh of things from a series when they played the Mets?

Leave a comment:

• PureBaseballFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Davids Justice View Post
    As a diehard Fan of the Toronto Blue Jays - I was sad to see AGon head to the Braves to join ex jays Troy Glaus and Eric Hinske. But after 1 1/2 weeks with Yunel, I can't understand what Bobby (1 Championship) Cox had on his head... This guy is ridiculous. Escobar has played amazing defence, has a rocket for an arm and is hitting the cover off the ball. Sorry guys, big mistake.

It really depends on what Escobar your getting, I love the kid but there were games this year where he just didn't seem to care which is amazing considering he was playing for a 1st place team.

He has a lot of potential (top 10 caliber SS) but his head is what will make or break the kid. Good luck to him because I personally would like to see him succeed (I almost always feel this way for former Braves prospects) but I am happy with the return as Collins and Pastornicky have been nice players since joining.

Leave a comment:

• chip&smoltz95
    replied
    Originally posted by Davids Justice View Post

check back in a year or so, when he is no longer motivated or gets bored. fromt the defense i have seen of a-gon they are about a wash. the hitting yes escobar has the better potential, but has yet to fully live up to it yet.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X