Best Places to Eat at Turner Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Places to Eat at Turner Field

I'm going to a game at Turner Field later in the week. I've never been to a Braves' game and I am wondering what are the best places to eat at Turner Field. I know the prices are expensive, but I am just wondering what the specialties are. I appreciate the help.

The chop house is usually good, or skips bbq
    Free Online Music Forum @ www.musicboards.com

Music Forum

Comment

Well they have the same restaurant with a different name every few feet........expensive and poor quality
      Eat at the BBQ place
      Chop! Chop! Chop!

Comment

Chik-fil-A for the budget shopper!
        I have Evan Longorias hat

Comment

I haven't been there recently (hoping to this May), but I hear there is a "Frankly My Dear" (clever name) stand that sells varied hot dogs. Turner Field sells all different kinds of dogs, the Georgia Dog with Vidalia onions and slaw, the Chicago Dog with everything, etc.

The BBQ Joint is called the "Smokehouse" now, used to be Skip & Pete's for the broadcasters. Large portions and prices, and there is a picnic area to eat the stuff nearby.

The Chop House (look for the big Budweiser sign in center field) has a view of the field from the picnic tables, but lots of people stand in front of them when the game starts so you can't see it then obviously. It's a burger, salad and wraps joint. Smoking is allowed there, good or bad depending on your world view.

There are "Taste of the Majors" stands that sell stuff from other cities, like Philly cheesesteaks.

Re Chick-Fil-A, I've heard that only the main stands sell the fries etc., while the tents on the concourse levels only sell chicken sandwiches. Like I said, I don't know, just read that somewhere.

Incidentally, a lot of people take the MARTA train to the Five Points Station and then grab the Braves shuttle to the park. If you choose that route, the Underground Atlanta area has a lot of takeout joints where you can grab something cheaper beforehand.

I'm speaking anecdotally, if any of this is wrong, please shoot me down.
          :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

Originally posted by KurtDman24 View Post
            I haven't been there recently (hoping to this May), but I hear there is a "Frankly My Dear" (clever name) stand that sells varied hot dogs. Turner Field sells all different kinds of dogs, the Georgia Dog with Vidalia onions and slaw, the Chicago Dog with everything, etc.

The BBQ Joint is called the "Smokehouse" now, used to be Skip & Pete's for the broadcasters. Large portions and prices, and there is a picnic area to eat the stuff nearby.

The Chop House (look for the big Budweiser sign in center field) has a view of the field from the picnic tables, but lots of people stand in front of them when the game starts so you can't see it then obviously. It's a burger, salad and wraps joint. Smoking is allowed there, good or bad depending on your world view.

There are "Taste of the Majors" stands that sell stuff from other cities, like Philly cheesesteaks.

Re Chick-Fil-A, I've heard that only the main stands sell the fries etc., while the tents on the concourse levels only sell chicken sandwiches. Like I said, I don't know, just read that somewhere.

Incidentally, a lot of people take the MARTA train to the Five Points Station and then grab the Braves shuttle to the park. If you choose that route, the Underground Atlanta area has a lot of takeout joints where you can grab something cheaper beforehand.

I'm speaking anecdotally, if any of this is wrong, please shoot me down.
            Unless there has been a last minute change, MARTA will no longer be running the Braves shuttle from Five Points to the ball park.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 4 View Post
              Unless there has been a last minute change, MARTA will no longer be running the Braves shuttle from Five Points to the ball park.
              Nuts. The Braves still have it listed as an option but MARTA says no. No funding. Why not charge a buck or two to ride it? I'd still pay it.
              :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X