• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Adam Laroche?

Interesting article about it here...

what do you guys think..

http://www.bravesoxtalk.com/I-85_Club.html

I like Roachy okay. He needs more discipline.
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

Too many slumps...
      Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

I'll give Roachy one thing....The man can turn on an inside fastball and hit it a long way.

Comment

I say it's time to move LaRoche down in the order and give McCann his spot. Andruw needs some better protection and LaRoche and Francoeur just aren't providing it consistently enough right now. I'd shake it up if I were Bobby and try an order like this:

Giles
          Renteria
          C. Jones
          A. Jones
          McCann
          Francoeur
          LaRoche
          Langerhans

Giles has just had bad luck lately. He's hit a lot of balls well but if his struggles continued I'd try putting Langy in the leadoff spot for a while.
          Let's go Braves!!

Comment

Originally posted by ATL22
            I say it's time to move LaRoche down in the order and give McCann his spot. Andruw needs some better protection and LaRoche and Francoeur just aren't providing it consistently enough right now. I'd shake it up if I were Bobby and try an order like this:

Giles
            Renteria
            C. Jones
            A. Jones
            McCann
            Francoeur
            LaRoche
            Langerhans

Giles has just had bad luck lately. He's hit a lot of balls well but if his struggles continued I'd try putting Langy in the leadoff spot for a while.
            Langerhans has shown he is more comfortable hitting lower in the order. I think putting him in the leadoff spot would be too much pressure on him.

I would be willing to see it tried, but first I'd much rather see Renteria in the leadoff spot for a few games. I know his is not the ideal leadoff man, but he is hitting a hot bat and has decent enough speed to pull it off.

Giles is having some bad luck, but it is more then that. I don't think he is seeing the ball well right now. He hasn't drawn a walk in 6 games, and only have 4 in the last 15 games.

Comment

Langerhans has definitley had better stats in the 7th and 8th spot than he has in the 2nd or 3rd, and I agree that he shouldnt be moved to lead off, but i think he can definitley be moved UP in the order. Same with McCann. Francoeur is a gaping hole of offense right now, and having him bat 6th doesnt make much sense.
              Langerhans and McCann have both showed themselves to fairly level headed with even dispositions, I dont think a move up or down the lineup a couple of spots is going to put too much pressure on them.
              Giles is going through one of the rough spots that he does every year. I would agree that earlier on he wasnt seeing the ball well, but i don't think thats the issue right now, as he is hitting the ball hard.
              If I were going to mix it up, id move langerhans and McCann up two each and drop Laroche to 7th and Francoeur to the 8 hole, he might actually get the occassional walk as they go around him to get to the pitcher, he might even see its not so bad to get to first base...
              http://www.bravesoxtalk.com/I-85_Club.html

Comment

McCann, LaRoche, and Langerhaus are all lefties. So while I like the sound of your thinking Eugenious, I would flip-flop Francoeur to the 7th and LaRoche 8th.

Giving this:
                1. Giles -R
                2. Renteria -R
                3. Chipper -S
                4. Andruw -R
                5. McCann -L
                6. Langerhaus -L
                7. Francoeur -R
                8. LaRoche -L
                9. (Pitcher)

I'd actually like to see Bobby try this out:
                1. Renteria R
                2. McCann L
                3. Chipper S
                4. Andruw R
                5. Giles R
                6. Langerhaus L
                7. Francoeur R
                8. LaRoche L
                9. (Pitcher)

That'd put a lefty up in the top part of the order, put Giles in a position where he is driving in runs insteading of getting on base (better protection of Andruw too), plus still move Francoeur and LaRoche down while batting Langerhaus 6th. Or even stick to batting Giles leadoff and flip Renteria to 5th and McCann to 2nd.
                Last edited by grizzly451; 05-02-2006, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I just can't see LaRoche hitting 8th. Bobby just isn't going to put him that low being a pretty free swinger and a power guy. I think he needs to drop to 6th or 7th right now to let McCann protect Andruw until Adam gets it going. Bobby has the lefty-righty alternating thing going perfectly right now so I know he'd be reluctant to bat a couple of lefties in a row but I think for a while it would be worth it.

Giles
                  Renteria
                  C. Jones
                  A. Jones
                  McCann
                  Francoeur
                  LaRoche
                  Langerhans

I wouldn't fool with putting Renteria in the leadoff hole. He is going so good in the 2 hole that I wouldn't risk messing with him by moving him. He and McCann are our most consistent hitters right now so while I would move Mac up in the order, I wouldn't mess with Renteria at all.
                  Let's go Braves!!

Comment

sorry guys, couldnt figure out how to delete the double post....
                    Last edited by Eugenious; 05-05-2006, 07:49 AM.

Comment

How many outs do Laroche and Francoeur have to make before something changes? Bobby has always done a great job of working with his lineup to find out what will have the best effect. Is anyone else getting frustrated?
                      Laroche and Francoeur have a combined 216 plate appearances with only 42 hits, 14 walks and 8 home runs. They have combined to strikeout 52 times. Again, Ks arent that big of a deal, except when they happen on this consistent of a basis with no other positive indicators.
                      So our 5 and 6 hitters have created 160 outs. Its only May for crissakes.
                      How can the two worst hitters on the team follow our three best hitters?
                      Im sure some of you will point out that they both have a high BARISP. Thats nice and all, but its only 48 of their total at bats. They've also had 34 ABs with runners on first, and in those instances they have only 7 hits to go along with 9 strikeouts. Not too mention all the innings they have led off or finished with an out. Its ridiculous.
                      I know I'm preaching to the choir, just had to get it off my chest.

http://http://www.bravesoxtalk.com/I-85_Club.html

Comment

I really think a pretty big lineup shift is called for with the way a few of the guys are doing. I know Bobby isn't much of one to tinker with his lineup like some other managers do, but some change is called for.

1. Renteria -R
                        2. McCann -L
                        3. Chipper -S
                        4. Andruw -R
                        5. Giles -R
                        6. LaRoche -L
                        7. Francoeur -R
                        8. Langerhaus -L
                        9. (Pitcher)

Though really I think if nothing else LaRoche and Francoeur need to be broken up with somebody swinging well. i.e. Renteria or McCann
                        1. Giles -R
                        2. McCann -L
                        3. Chipper -S
                        4. Andruw -R
                        5. LaRoche -L
                        6. Renteria -R
                        7. Francoeur -R
                        8. Langerhaus -L
                        9. (Pitcher)

Renteria doesn't have to be a no.2 hitter, or even in the top of the order to be effective, his OBP is low enough that one of the other guys, like McCann, could plug the no. 2 spot and move Renteria down, if nothing else that would provide somebody swinging well in the lower part of the order, whoever batted in front of him would no doubt see better pitches. Such as LaRoche in front of him in the above example.

Obviously most pitchers are more threatened by guys with big power numbers, but a hitter that can drive the ball into the gap at the right time is just as important as a guy that can mash.

Comment

I started this thread because of the way Laroche had been swinging the bat. I hadn't even gotten into his fielding.

How about the play with Johnson last night? That wasn't even bad fielding so much as just HORRIBLE playing. I don't know if he was off his medication or what, but there was no excuse for it.

I remember, not too long ago, when Andruw got Lazy in centerfield: Cox pulled him. In the middle of the inning even.

He should have pulled Laroche. I don't care who was on the mound. I would have rather seen ANYONE at first base after that play.

Comment

I really hope it isn't his illness which is effecting his play, because you can't change that. But if it is just a lack of effort, a good chew-out by Bobby should help get his butt in gear.

But if this kind of play continues by LaRoche, Scott Thorman and James Jurries, and maybe even Jarrod Saltalamacchia better be close to their telephones

Comment

Adam LaRoche was the laziest ballplayer I've ever saw before Sunday's bonehead play. He never gives more effort then needed just gives enough and it came back to bite him Sunday. He doesn't look like a hard worker, maybe thats why he's batting .220, maybe he needs more then being moved down in the lineup, how about a wakeup call like a trip to Richmond. I'm sure they have someone in the farm system that can bat more then .220 in Atlanta that can take his place. I really don't want to hear about his illness, that's a cop out, if he needs his meds adjusted so be it but he also needs to start busting his butt and stop moving in slow motion.
                              Lets support Gil Hodges for The Hall of Fame, a true Hall of Famer.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X