Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Transportation to Turner Field

Hey All-

My wife and I are going to be taking a trip down south that is going to include a game at Turner Field.

Now that the Braves Shuttle has been discontinued, is there an alternative to getting to the Ted for a game via public transportation? It's not that I mind walking, but I would rather not walk a mile from South Capitol Station, especially coming back at night after the game.

I'll drive if I gotta, but I was just wondering if there's a way to do this.

Thanks for any help!
    :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

I can only tell you what I've experienced. . .

Usually when I go to Turner Field I park in the green lot (? I think. It's the lot where the old FCS once stood.) and walk to the stadium with the hoards of fans. I actually enjoy this the most; being with other fans, the excitement mounts.

I have, once or twice taken MARTA to Underground and rode the bus (Braves Shuttle?) to the stadium. I wasn't too keen on doing this for some reason. It was cheaper and more convenient but I just didn't like it.

On a few occasions I have stayed at the Marriott in midtown. Despite it only being less than two miles from the stadium, I was advised by friends from the area that walking back to the hotel after the game was not a viable option. The advice I was given was to not go further than the Georgia State MARTA station (with the crowd) especially after a game.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

Taking the MARTA to the game is pretty easy. We went last summer to a Braves/Rays game and took the MARTA to the Georgia State station and walked to Turner Field. It was not a bad walk at all and really wasn't a bad neighborhood or anything.

Afterwards, we caught the shuttle bus (free with a MARTA pass) right outside the Turner Field gates and it shuttles you back to the Five Points MARTA station. We stayed in Buckhead and took the MARTA back to Lenox Square station.

Edit: I just saw you said the Braves Shuttle was discontinued. If that's the case, I'm sure there will be a crowd walking back up Capitol Ave. to the Georgia State station. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
      :radio Please check out my collection of vintage baseball recordings:

http://www.oldtimesports.net/users/AWilliams

Comment

So there will still be people making that walk even without the bus? I would figure most people would just drive it now. But thanks for the info.
        :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

Maybe good news?!?!

MARTA Reconsidering Braves Shuttle Elimination

Hopefully they wll decide before the season starts.
          If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie Fox View Post
            Maybe good news?!?!

MARTA Reconsidering Braves Shuttle Elimination

Hopefully they wll decide before the season starts.
            I sincerely hope they do start it back up, because I would like to have a few options getting to the game. Does anyone know why they aren't allowed to charge an extra fee? I wouldn't mind paying a buck or two for it.

Also, if anyone is going to the public hearing, I'll e-mail you some talking points!:gt

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X