2011 gameday thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 gameday thread

great pick by hinske there in the bot 1. I really like he's gotten better defensively over at 1B this year. I remember him making a couple nice plays during ST too (or maybe I am just noticing them more).

Well at least McLouth isn't batting 2nd but I have to ask why is Freeman there and not Heyward?
    Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Please, Freddy do the smart thing and put Heyward in a position to get more ABs.
      Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
        Well at least McLouth isn't batting 2nd but I have to ask why is Freeman there and not Heyward?
        my thought was to see better pitches in front of chipper instead of being in front of the pitcher. trying to get freeman going. he's really struggling up there.

Comment

and man uggla's defense has been very impressive this season, especially this series.

Comment

HR Chipper!!
            2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

So injuries have chosen to strike the Braves over the past week, first we hear that Hudson is getting his back checked and Heyward could go on the DL after Monday and now McLouth leaves the game.
              Extend Prado!!!

Comment

So injuries have chosen to strike the Braves over the past week, first we hear that Hudson is getting his back checked and Heyward could go on the DL after Monday and now McLouth leaves the game.
                should be interesting to see what mather and schafer can do in extended play. At least we should know what we got come the trade deadline... both mclouth and heyward should have about a month or so once they get back to get it going. i am actually more concerned with heyward... kinda reminds me of greg oden.. lots of potential, but all these nagging injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
                  should be interesting to see what mather and schafer can do in extended play. At least we should know what we got come the trade deadline... both mclouth and heyward should have about a month or so once they get back to get it going. i am actually more concerned with heyward... kinda reminds me of greg oden.. lots of potential, but all these nagging injuries.
                  I would be concerned if they were all in the same area but I just don't believe it is truly a chronic problem.

The Braves are also reportedly looking at leadoff hitters and utility players, here are 3 guys to keep an eye on.

Coco Crisp :: Injury risk, solid player when healthy, free agent after this season, cost should be lower then other two.

Michael Bourn :: Lowest power potential, strikes out a lot, most stolen base potential, very good defensively (according to UZR), under control for 2012.

Angel Pagan :: Recovering from injury, potential to be best out of the three mentioned, good speed, solid power, good defensively, would cost more based on being in the same division, also under control for 2012.
                  Extend Prado!!!

Comment

I would be concerned if they were all in the same area but I just don't believe it is truly a chronic problem.

The Braves are also reportedly looking at leadoff hitters and utility players, here are 3 guys to keep an eye on.

Coco Crisp :: Injury risk, solid player when healthy, free agent after this season, cost should be lower then other two.

Michael Bourn :: Lowest power potential, strikes out a lot, most stolen base potential, very good defensively (according to UZR), under control for 2012.

Angel Pagan :: Recovering from injury, potential to be best out of the three mentioned, good speed, solid power, good defensively, would cost more based on being in the same division, also under control for 2012.
                    like the last two, especially bourn. Although I would prefer that schafer catch fire and maybe the braves release mclouth or something. I never have been a big fan of crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
                      like the last two, especially bourn. Although I would prefer that schafer catch fire and maybe the braves release mclouth or something. I never have been a big fan of crisp.
                      I doubt they just eat his contract, worst case they may just do a Kawakami on him and send him down since no one is likely to claim him on waivers.

We can hope Schafer catches fire but I don't think the Braves can count on him. He has done nothing at Gwinnett this year and it is hard to believe that he is suddenly going to figure it out in the majors, maybe the Braves can get a good month out of him like the Rays got with Sam Fuld but I think right now the Braves have to go under the assumption that Schafer is a 4th OFer at best until he proves otherwise.
                      Extend Prado!!!

Comment

ugly baseball being played by the braves tonight...hopefully we can win two series on this homestand.

Comment

Nice to see that Schafer got on base a few times Friday night.
                          Okay son, that's Hank Aaron in RF, Eddie Mathews at 3B, Felipe Alou at first, and some kid named Torre behind the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbylouise View Post
                            agreed. he could really create some easy stress on pitchers if he can get on base consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbylouise View Post
                              I wonder if McLouth will regain his starting job when he come off the DL. At this point, I'm guessing they will stick with Schafer. It will be interesting to see what happens.
                              "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                              -Casey Stengel

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X