Renteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renteria

I think everyone is aware of his 24 game hitting streak, but I just noticed that Renteria is leading the NL in batting average with a .358 BA! Another great move by Schuerholz. This trade has turned out spectacular for the Braves; Marte might still be a star down the line, but Renteria is performing now and at a position that needed filling -- not at 3rd, where Chipper will be entrenched for the next few years.

Edit: McCan is tied for 3rd in NL BA after Brad Hawpe. Estrada has been on a tear recently and I know we all hope things go well for him, but the Estrada for Cormier and Villareal trade turned out great too, with McCan taking over as the primary catcher.
    Code:
    1. 	E Renteria
    	ATL 	SS 	.358

2. 	B Hawpe
    	COL 	OF 	.350

3. 	B Ausmus
    	HOU 	C 	.345

T-3. 	B McCann
    	ATL 	C 	.345

5. 	L Berkman
    	HOU 	1B 	.339

6. 	M Cabrera
    	FLA 	3B 	.337

7. 	J Vidro
    	WSH 	2B 	.336

8. 	P Fielder
    	MIL 	1B 	.333

9. 	O Vizquel
    	SF 	SS 	.330

10. 	G Atkins
    	COL 	3B 	.328

T-10. 	A Kearns
    	CIN 	OF 	.328
    Last edited by jwkfs; 05-09-2006, 05:35 PM.
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

This trade just shows the expertese of Schueholz once again, in brief. He had a brief hic-cup with Dan Kolb but otherwise what moves has he made that have blown up in his face?

And imagine if he could hold that .350 clip all year long in the two hole. Whew!!! How could our offense not produce. I hope the Mets fans rest easy as long as they can before we begin creeping.:gt
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
      This trade just shows the expertese of Schueholz once again, in brief. He had a brief hic-cup with Dan Kolb but otherwise what moves has he made that have blown up in his face?

Jermaine Dye (and Jamie Walker) for Michael Tucker (and Keith Lochart) back in 1997?

I'm just picking with you, but Capellan hasn't done much for the Brewers yet, so you can't really tell how bad that deal was until Capellan has played more.

Comment

Well tonight the streak comes to a close. Congrats Edgar on a career high 24 games hit streak.
        Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X