No announcement yet.

2011/2012 Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chipper will retire after this season. This will truly be the end of an era.

He wants to stay with the team in some way I would love for him to be some sort of roving hitting coach for the entire system because unlike a lot of greats he actually seems to be able to help and teach, and maybe the Braves will actually start turning out quality hitters on a consistent basis.
    Last edited by PureBaseballFan; 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM.
    Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
      Chipper will retire after this season. This will truly be the end of an era.

He wants to stay with the team in some way I would love for him to be some sort of roving hitting coach for the entire system because unlike a lot of greats he actually seems to be able to help and teach, and maybe the Braves will actually start turning out quality hitters on a consistent basis.
      Who knows if that'll work, of course.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

He said in the press conference that he wants to take some time off and do some dad stuff but I can't see him staying away for too awfully long.

As I do every time L.W. Jones does something great, I take a moment here to be thankful for the Van Poppel family's arrogance and hubris. It set all of this into motion.
        3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"All of which makes perfect sense on paper, unless you have actually at any time in your life watched baseball being played." - The Commissioner

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X