Line up Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line up Changes

When will Renteria and his .335 AVG be moved to leadoff? It seems kind unnecessary for Giles to swing for the fences leading off.

McCann also looked good in the 5 hole, then today he was batting sixth. Isn't he leading MLB in avg w/ risp w/ 2 outs? I think its still above .700. That's the definition of a perfect 5-hole bat.
    "Never expect anything and you'll always be suprised" - Unknown

Originally posted by lostzuli
    When will Renteria and his .335 AVG be moved to leadoff? It seems kind unnecessary for Giles to swing for the fences leading off.

McCann also looked good in the 5 hole, then today he was batting sixth. Isn't he leading MLB in avg w/ risp w/ 2 outs? I think its still above .700. That's the definition of a perfect 5-hole bat.
    I thought it was bizare to see McCann moved down in the lineup today, but Cox has a history of mixing things up. It could be becuase he typically sits McCann against lefties just to give him an off day (thoughafter todays game I doubt he will sit him when sosa pitches anymore) and with the way Francoeur has been hitting Cox wanted to get him settled into a position in the lineup. Francoeur is now leading the team in HR and second in RBI so I suspect he will be staying at the #5 spot for a while.

As for Renteria, I do not think you will see that switch made. Renteria batted leadoff for the first time last year and he did not like it. there wa minimal talk of Renteria batting leadoff when we got him and it was quickl dismissed.
    I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X