No announcement yet.

Braves 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So? They don't need to be that good. The Braves only had three above average starters. While Maddux was historic, it's quite possible the Braves could have four above average starters now.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Two slaughters and weak hitting over the last four games gives me some distress.

Comment

I was at the Braves-Giants game last night in SF and couldn't get over how deep the Atlanta outfield plays. Is that normal for them? They gave up two hustle doubles which I believe would ordinarily have been your run of the mill base hits if the outfield hadn't been playing so deep.

Comment

I have no clue how normal that is.

Comment

Well, they were quite abnormal yesterday. They've only scored 6 runs or more 8 times in 42 games.

Comment

The 2014 Braves are SO damn frustrating. Whenever our offense looks like it breaks through, it just cools down again. An 86 team OPS+ isn't playoff caliber by any means.
              Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

The Braves won 4-3 with all their runs coming in the first. Freeman I think is the key to better offense.

Comment

Gavin Floyd has suffered a broken olecranon bone in his right elbow and will be placed on the disabled list.
                  http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...ken-elbow.html
                  The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Braves completed their first four-game sweep in Philly in 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                      Braves completed their first four-game sweep in Philly in 50 years.
                      Beautiful. Let's keep it rolling!
                      Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

That sweep was during the Phillies' infamous collapse.

Comment

That's true, but it's still kind of nice. MLB Now talked about the plight of the aging Phils. Of course they mostly talked about the Nationals as usual. However, they actually said something about the Braves near the end of the show. A discussion about BJ Upton leading off.

Comment

Originally posted by SABR Steve View Post
                            That's true, but it's still kind of nice. MLB Now talked about the plight of the aging Phils. Of course they mostly talked about the Nationals as usual. However, they actually said something about the Braves near the end of the show. A discussion about BJ Upton leading off.
                            He has batted .260 (20-77) since moving to the leadoff spot, so it's not a total waste.

Comment

Braves release Dan Uggla:
                              http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...dan-uggla.html

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                                Kind of a shame it had to end like it did, and I have a suspicion that some other team will pick him up and he'll return to normal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X