Braves 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Kind of a shame it had to end like it did, and I have a suspicion that some other team will pick him up and he'll return to normal.
    Can't say I'm surprised, guess there was more unrest behind the scenes that we'll never know about!
    turn on, tune in, chill out.........

Comment

Originally posted by skar View Post
      Can't say I'm surprised, guess there was more unrest behind the scenes that we'll never know about!
      I'm sure it'll come out in due time. But, I'm glad we actually can "use" the 25th roster spot now.
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
        Kind of a shame it had to end like it did, and I have a suspicion that some other team will pick him up and he'll return to normal.
        He signed with the Giants but I was hoping he'd sign with the Dodgers and drag that team down.
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
          He signed with the Giants but I was hoping he'd sign with the Dodgers and drag that team down.
          Why would he drag them down. It's clearly Atlanta's coaches' fault that Dan didn't improve and he'll return to normal in the minors and be promoted to the Giants and kill the ball.
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

The Braves got swept by the lowly Padres and have run their streak to six straight defeats. The looming schedule is Seattle for two on the road, followed by three or four contenders. I think the next two weeks will determine their playoff hopes.

Comment

Yeah pretty much. I think they're screwed.

Comment

I think they may be screwed as to the division title. The Nats now have 4 games at home against Arizona, while the Braves go to Pittsburgh. The Pirates are ready to win after being swept by Washington. The Braves could be 9 games back in three days.

Comment

They're screwed, period. I'm not believing in ANY comebacks. You can troll all you want but I'm just going to agree with you.

Comment

The Braves may still be mathematically alive for the playoffs, but I don't see how a team so offensively challenged can have any realistic hopes. At a time when they are running out of games and every game is a must win, they go out and score one run over three games at home and were lucky to win one of them. Today I feel like they hit rock bottom. This is getting really hard to watch and makes me wish the season would hurry up and end. I almost hope they don't make the playoffs because that would only extend the suffering. Its time to start looking to next year and wondering what changes can and will be made. I know offense is down across the board in MLB, but we've reached the point of ridiculousness. One thing I do know is that its a frustrating time to be a Braves' fan

Comment

What do you guys think happened in the clubhouse after the game? Everyone probably hung their head, while Freddie patted their backs.

We need someone to light a fire in their pathetic asses'!!! I'm so sick and tired of watching this anemic offense struggle to score runs, especially with the upside it has. I will strictly watch football in September if it continues to be like this.
                      Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

But seriously, lighten up, guys. I don't like the situation any more than you do, and I always say they're screwed too, but I haven't given up completely. If I did, I wouldn't be posting here.
                        Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 09-02-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Smith, I'm like you in the fact that I haven't given up completely. Probably 99.9% but something in my DNA makes me hold on to the slightest ray of hope. And that's why I'll watch everyone of these last games regardless of how painful it is But I am extremely discouraged and realistically, at this point in time I'm thinking more about next year and pondering what changes will be made and what changes can be made. I like Fredi and I don't think we can put all the blame on him. But he's made his share of moves that I haven't agreed with, so I don't know. I thought Wrenn had done a decent job for his first few years but I'm less confident in him now. Except for the pitching staff, this team is not constricted very well in my opinion. Too many hitters that take the same approach regardless of the situation and seem either unable or unwilling to make adjustments. And I don't ever remember the Braves' bench being as weak as its been this year. However the rest of this season plays out, I think the biggest challenge that faces the Braves' is how they can improve this team over the winter. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I doubt very seriously that he patted Justin Upton's back. Or anything else of his. It's not too hard to read between the lines of JUp's comments and tell just how furious he was at being pinch hit for, especially by Jose Constanza.

Gonzalez isn't abetting the problem, he IS the problem.
                            3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"To this day, and forever, no one will ever be able to make sense of the game’s record book, now smeared with phony honors. It’s unfixable." - Thomas Boswell

Comment

Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
                              I doubt very seriously that he patted Justin Upton's back. Or anything else of his. It's not too hard to read between the lines of JUp's comments and tell just how furious he was at being pinch hit for, especially by Jose Constanza.

Gonzalez isn't abetting the problem, he IS the problem.
                              And this is my very point. It seems to me he lacks passion. I don't know the whole story... Just calling it how I see it.

IMO he's an idiot based on his interviews and managerial decisions. He needs to go.

Maybe I'm bitter, but the disappointment is getting old.
                              Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

To me, it's BJ Utpon. 417 of his 523 PAs have come from hitting 1st or 2nd in the order. I don't pretend to know if it's Fredi or from the higher-ups, but when you have a .280 or so OBP, you should be hitting way down in the order. If it's the manager's decision to keep him up top, then it's on him. If he prefers to bat him later but is getting heat from the FO, that's on them. But he's a sieve at the plate and you can forgive that if he's a three-outcome guy (HR/SO/BB), but he's not - he's a one outcome guy anymore and I'm not surprised to see a player with his credentials fail. There usually is a good brother player and a mediocre-bad brother player. You guys have both so you minimized the guesswork. Living in Philly, I remember the years of having "Jeremy" Giambi and "Mike" Maddux and now with father/son ties - Tony Gwynn "Jr.".
                                "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X