Comment

BALTIMORE 3, ATLANTA 2

W - Ubaldo Jimenez (3-3, 4.44)
      L - Shelby Miller (1-2, 3.86)
      S - Zach Britton (2, 0.00)

HR - Alejandro De Aza (3)
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Well, either my opinion is dumb or the slim chance happened: it looks like Pedro Ciriaco is going to be that backup center fielder the Braves want. This means that tehy're going to make another roster move to make room for him on the 40-man if that is the case.

Comment

ATLANTA 5, BALTIMORE 3

W - Eric Stults (3-0, 1.88)
          L - Zach Davies (1-1, 4.70)
          S - Craig Kimbrel (1, 0.00)

HR - BAL - Chris Parmelee (2)
          ATL - Freddie Freeman (3)

Comment

So if Pedro Ciriaco is going to be the new Jose Constanza, someone has to go from the 40-man roster. Guess we'll see who it is later!

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
              So if Pedro Ciriaco is going to be the new Jose Constanza, someone has to go from the 40-man roster. Guess we'll see who it is later!
              Padres acquire Craig Kimbrel, Melvin Upton:
              http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...ted-trade.html
              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

The Kimbrel trade...I could see it coming from a mile away but wish I'd been wrong. When I suggested last winter that this trade might happen everybody thought I was crazy but I've thought all along that it was a real possibility, not that I agree with it, its just something I thought might happen at some point this season. I still would have waited to the trading deadline for a couple of reasons. (1) I think he would have more value before the deadline when a contending team desperate for a closer would be more likely to overpay and literally trade the farm for him. And (2) I think it would have been wiser to wait and see how the season plays out in case we're not as bad as everybody think we'll be. There's always a remote possibility that we might not suck all that bad which is something we didn't know with 100% certainty before. Now we do know!

Comment

Originally posted by Hell Hound View Post
                  The Kimbrel trade...I could see it coming from a mile away but wish I'd been wrong. When I suggested last winter that this trade might happen everybody thought I was crazy but I've thought all along that it was a real possibility, not that I agree with it, its just something I thought might happen at some point this season. I still would have waited to the trading deadline for a couple of reasons. (1) I think he would have more value before the deadline when a contending team desperate for a closer would be more likely to overpay and literally trade the farm for him. And (2) I think it would have been wiser to wait and see how the season plays out in case we're not as bad as everybody think we'll be. There's always a remote possibility that we might not suck all that bad which is something we didn't know with 100% certainty before. Now we do know!
                  I apologize for thinking you were crazy, and I was coming down on the "fan tickets" side of things, but after having it happen, I realized, like myself, everyone is just going to have to deal with it.

Plus, this team is not going to suck just because they have Grilli closing instead of Kimbrel. Sure, he's not Craig, but he can still close. A closer is not that essential.

Comment

The silver lining is that we've gotten out from under the Melvin Upton contract, something I didn't think was possible. I still think these next couple of season will be interesting, I just don't know how much fun they'll be. But thank God its finally time to start playing and we'll see what happens. Regardless of how the Braves do, baseball season is finally here and the world is a better place because of that simple fact alone!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X