No announcement yet.

2015 Braves Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber had his best outing to date! I saw a lot of ugly swings against him. Of course, he took another loss but I thought he took a big step forward last night.

Comment

• I think Weber out-pitched Strasburg. The Braves offense is the weakest around, although both teams scored just 4 runs apiece in the 3-game series. In Weber's five starts, he was creamed once at Miami. Take away that one game and his ERA is 2.73. Looks good.

Comment

• I've liked what I've seen from him.
        3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"All of which makes perfect sense on paper, unless you have actually at any time in your life watched baseball being played." - The Commissioner

Comment

• The Pythagorean Theorem shows that the Braves should be 59-101. Just another meaningless formula by Bill James.

Comment

• Originally posted by SABR Steve View Post
            The Pythagorean Theorem shows that the Braves should be 59-101. Just another meaningless formula by Bill James.
            I happen to think it's a good formula. It was never designed to be perfect. Runs scored and allowed do correlate to win-loss record.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• The season is over, finally! Let's get some bats this offseason and shore up the bullpen
              2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                I happen to think it's a good formula. It was never designed to be perfect. Runs scored and allowed do correlate to win-loss record.
                It may be a fun formula, but the won-loss record already tells us what the ratio between runs and runs allowed basically is.

Anyway, the Braves finished the year with four straight shutouts, and Miller finally wins. I'm guessing the Cards didn't have their best lineup hitting in the final series.

Comment

• Originally posted by SABR Steve View Post
                  Anyway, the Braves finished the year with four straight shutouts, and Miller finally wins. I'm guessing the Cards didn't have their best lineup hitting in the final series.
                  I wouldn't sell Miller so short. Despite the W/L record, Miller has been a fantastic pitcher this year. In fact he is the best pitcher in the rotation. The offense let him down.
                  If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• I didn't mean to sell Miller short. I know he's one of the best in the baseball. I would like him to pitch more innings in his starts, however. He averaged about 6 1/3 innings per game.

Comment

• I don't know what the ML average is so this is just a guess, but I'm guessing that in this day and age that 6 1/3 innings per start would be above or about average. But I agree, it would have been nice to have seen him go deeper into games, especially with the shortcomings of out bullpen this year. But there may have been some legit reasons. I don't remember the details of each of his starts, but I know he pitched most of the season with no margin for error due to lack of run support. That's pitching under a lot of stress which can drain even the best of pitchers both mentally and physically. And there may have been a lot of situations where was hit for where he might not have been if he'd had a lead at the time. Despite his won loss record, I think he was one of the few bright spots, which illustrates just how bad this season was.

Comment

• Braves sign Chris Volstad:
                        https://twitter.com/DOBrienAJC/statu...50313270185984
                        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Whoppee, another bullpen retread.
                          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X