Jace Peterson Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jace Peterson Appreciation Thread

Jace Peterson had a terrible first big league campaign, hitting .113 in 53 at-bats for the Padres in 2014. He started 2015 off poorly as well, hitting .182 through his first 44 at-bats and .239 through his first 67. But he's really turned it around and become a pretty solid player.

Since April 26, when his average was .182, he's batted .299 with a solid .371 on-base percentage. He's stolen five bases, whacked two triples and -- though he's not a power hitter -- managed to drive 20 runs in. From April 26 to May 17, he hit .353/.416/.426 in 68 at-bats. He's currently riding a six-game hitting streak in which he is batting .360/.407/.600.

Jace Peterson has the potential to be an All-Star one day. From his recent performance, it looks like that day may be sooner rather than later.

I definitely viewed him as the underrated acquisition from the Justin Upton trade. Although I suspect that he's going to be moved to third or traded to accommodate Jose Peraza, he's certainly an improvement over Tommy La Stella. Great having him here.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Jace tried to blame his error last night on the team's eventual loss. That's nice, that shows a want to improve and to win. And I'm sure it would have been better if it was a 0-0 game throughout, but I personally think the team's inability to score without Freeman is more to blame.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X