X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Braves signed Tyler Flowers.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/1...r-flowers.html

Not a bad signing; I'm certainly not complaining about it.
    Tyler Flowers, Gordon Beckham and AJ Pierzynski. It's the Atlanta White Sox.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
      Tyler Flowers, Gordon Beckham and AJ Pierzynski. It's the Atlanta White Sox.
      May as well be. Good thing I have some White Sox stuff I like to wear.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Arizona to acquire Shelby Miller for Ender Inciarte and others:
        http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/1...er-braves.html

Comment

Ha, and others. It's almost as if, even as Inciarte was sorely needed, he was secondary in the deal. I know Swanson isn't Superman, but geez, that ain't bad getting a nice talent such as him AND with, shall i dare say, a pitcher with a seemingly bright future in Blair to boot!

Comment

Holy cow! I spoke WAY too soon earlier! Dave Stewart sure has been good to us...
            Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

At the very least, Swanson is likely to be a solid regular. Number one picks that are position players these days are rarely busts. Even Josh Hamilton, when he was healthy and sober, is a solid regular.

Comment

More White Sox!

http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article...to-1-year-deal

Emilio is bargain basement Ben Zobrist. He should be a good pinch-runner, still.

Comment

Padres acquire Christian Bethancourt:
                  http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/1...es-padres.html

Comment

Hope Christian figures out what's ailing his game and the Padres get something out of him.

Comment

do you think Teheran gets dealt too? they seem to be in full rebuild mode and don't mind another big time loosing season if that means they have a Monster farm before 2017 (similar to the cubs last year).
                      I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                        do you think Teheran gets dealt too? they seem to be in full rebuild mode and don't mind another big time loosing season if that means they have a Monster farm before 2017 (similar to the cubs last year).
                        I doubt Teheran gets moved. They also have to consider fans, because the average ones are in full revolt mode right now. The only "star" they see is Freeman.

Braves crowds could possibly rival Marlins ones. Until they get an actual star, there will be a lot of empty seats.
                        Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 12-11-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                          I doubt Teheran gets moved. They also have to consider fans, because the average ones are in full revolt mode right now. The only "star" they see is Freeman.

Braves crowds could possibly rival Marlins ones. Until they get an actual star, there will be a lot of empty seats.
                          I can't speak for everybody, but the Swanson trade made me feel a little bit better about the future. I've put my pitchfork down.
                          2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post
                            I can't speak for everybody, but the Swanson trade made me feel a little bit better about the future. I've put my pitchfork down.
                            I don't really consider the fans that post here or on, say, Braves Journal, average. It's the ones that post on the Braves Facebook page that I'm talking about. :P

Comment

All this being said, I'm not going to be upset if Teheran was traded to the Cubs for, say, Jorge Soler or Billy McKinney.

Comment

When this rebuilding process began, I was under the impression that the goal was to be competitive for the division by the time the new stadium opens in 2017. Most of the moves I've been on board with, while others have left me scratching my head. Only time will tell how many of the deals were right and wrong. My question is, as we stand here in Dec. 2015, and with the moves that have been made thus far, are we on track to be competitive by 2017? I know some questions will be answered this coming season and there are sure to be plenty more moves between now and 2017, but I can't help but feel as things stand right now, we seem, at least on paper, to be a little behind schedule. Is that accurate?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X