No announcement yet.

2015-16 Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLB.com predicts that Teheran will be the opening day starter versus the Nats, although it's not a guarantee. Is that what you guys are hearing?

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
      That's fine, you can be sick all you want about it. I'm not. We'll ALL Be whining at some point how Simmons would get to balls that Aybar can't reach. I'm of the opinion that really won't make a substantial difference in pitching results. I was just referring to a tweet that Jeff Schultz once cited and extrapolating it a bit.
      I've been a Brave fan since 1956, Simmons was the best defensive shortstop the club had ever had. So yes, I'm a little sick, but I'll get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
        God forbid we have a SS with a decent bat.

Note: I just saw that we have Jholys Chacin... When did this occur? He's only a few years removed from being a solid #2 type guy for the Rockies. Hopefully he doesn't have any major shoulder damage because this guy could have some serious bounce-back potential.
        Trevor Cahill was only a few years removed from being a solid #2 type guy too....

...we know how that turned out lol
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post
          Trevor Cahill was only a few years removed from being a solid #2 type guy too....

...we know how that turned out lol
          Ehh. Cahill was always known as a guy who outdid his peripherals.
          Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Well... Aaron Harang wasn't supposed to do anything either. So maybe they can strike a little gold. Remember Ben Sheets? They got a few good starts out of him.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Well... Aaron Harang wasn't supposed to do anything either. So maybe they can strike a little gold. Remember Ben Sheets? They got a few good starts out of him.
              I remember Ben Sheets pitching for the Braves. I wanted the Mets to pick him up at some point when he was a free agent. The Mets picked up Shaun Marcum on a one year deal instead.
              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

It MAY be an interesting year. The team will mostly stink, but there could be some trades or something going on. It won't be uneventful.

Comment

It MAY be an interesting year. The team will mostly stink, but there could be some trades or something going on. It won't be uneventful.
                  The Arizona trade changed my whole view of the direction of this team. We'll stink, but not worse than last year. Plus, we barely know any of these guys so we might as well watch.

Trade wise, you've gotta think Jason Grilli and Jim Johnson (2nd year in a row) will be guys we'll move to contenders in July
                  2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

I'd argue we do know most of these guys. We know our rookies and young players and most of the others have been major league regulars for a while. It's in a bigger, league-wide sense that they have little name recognition. Like... on MLB Network, when they have those scrolling "baseball card" graphics of players, the Braves ones are Nick Markakis and Julio Teheran. They are the "names" that most people would know.

Comment

Andrew McKirahan out for season:
                      http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...or-season.html

Comment

No big loss. Not giving that a second thought, really.

Comment

Braves sign Phil Coke:
                          http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...phil-coke.html

Comment

No invite to spring so if they need him he'll come up later.

Comment

Braves release Kyle Kendrick, Chris Volstad:
                              http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...s-volstad.html

Is Sears hiring? They should consider working at Sears.

Comment

No surprise there. Neither were very effective at all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X