Braves believed to be front runner in lazarito signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braves believed to be front runner in lazarito signing

I read that the braves are the front runner for signing the cuban teen phenomenon
    http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/a...pheonom-020216

I also read that they have a verbal Agreement with other teen prodigy Kevin maitan.

both are really Young and a big Investment for 16 year old Kids but both are considered top Level Talent and getting one or both would help the braves farm a lot (which is strong but quite pitching heavy.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Well one thing I heard is that they have to convince Lazarito to sign later in July so they don't bust up their international signing pool plans.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I have a small theory on whiy they loaded up on pitching: it's because it's what they could get at the price they were willing to pay. If that's the case, it's possible a lot of teams value their young hitting very highly. With the idea going around that baseball is lower-scoring than ever, it would make sense that most teams would keep their young guys that can actually hit as long as they could afford to pay them.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
        I have a small theory on whiy they loaded up on pitching: it's because it's what they could get at the price they were willing to pay. If that's the case, it's possible a lot of teams value their young hitting very highly. With the idea going around that baseball is lower-scoring than ever, it would make sense that most teams would keep their young guys that can actually hit as long as they could afford to pay them.
        yes, for example the cubs strategy is to load up on high on base hitters and worry about the pitching later. however the miller trade showed that a Young pitcher still gives you a lot in return, they got number 1 Overall pick and top10 prospect swanson (and more) for him. they could still get good hitters in trades, however of course with pitchers the risk is that they blow out their arm before you can trade them. hitters can get injured too but usually the rate and severity of injuries is lower for hitters.
        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

They're not idiots; they know this. Even if they don't end up trading any, they should at least get a decent pitching staff out of what they have. Not EVERY pitcher blows out their arms.
          Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 02-09-2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X