No announcement yet.

Call Me Crazy, But On The Surface, The Braves Are Decent At The Positions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with a rebuild is that you don't know where to stop. You need some stable building blocks in which to build around.

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Kind of bothered me at the end of the Braves article in BP this year that the team may have to trade Swanson and Freeman to continue the rebuild if nothing works out.
    North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post
      The problem with a rebuild is that you don't know where to stop. You need some stable building blocks in which to build around.
      Yeah, that's just it. You can't be like the Marlins, just trading everyone off when they get too expensive. I can remember years ago that some guys I used to know advocated that as a way to build a good baseball team.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

No way they trade freeman, if they do that, who wants watch the games

Comment

Freddie and Julio seem to be the cornerstones they want to build around. The problem is what happens if you go too far in your rebuild??

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post
            Freddie and Julio seem to be the cornerstones they want to build around. The problem is what happens if you go too far in your rebuild??
            Then you get stuck in a perpetual rebuilding cycle, duh. :P I don't think they're that stupid. I think they understand that prolonged losing is unacceptable, and the traffic simply going to Braves games isn't going to help matters. If they get stuck in a perpetual rebuilding cycle, attendance is going to tank because no one is going to bother to fight that traffic to watch a losing team.

Comment

Agreed> I refer you to the Brewers, Royals, Marlins, Padres, Twins, etc. However, keep in mind that although nobody is saying that the selling of tickets do not contribute to the bottom line, it is NOT the top attraction. TV, ads, apps, etc contribute a significant part of a teams revenue and they none of the above teams are in danger of losing that..

Sam, that in a nutshell may be the entire issue.. Whatever the case, the Braves should have a decent season and could surprise a lot of people.

Comment

The Braves have a lousy TV contract that they've been trying to massage their way through. I'm pretty sure they renegotiated some things with it so it's more beneficial to them recently.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X