Braves 2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braves 2017 Season Thread

Here's to a good year in a brand new ballpark!
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Seconded. Looking forward to seeing Swanson develop.
    2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank View Post
      Seconded. Looking forward to seeing Swanson develop.
      2017 was the originally the window for us to contend when we started to rebuild a few years back. It's not looking like we will this year, but as a fan, I am very content. I too am excited to watch Swanson develop as well as many other of the young guns. Our front office has done a good job of acquiring likable players (Dickey, Colon, Phillips) that will put people in the stands this year. Gotta tip my cap to them.

Comment

What do you think the odds are for Freeman winning the MVP this year? He's really impressed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
          Here's to a good year in a brand new ballpark!
          I still think they should have put a roof on Sun Trust Park.
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
            I still think they should have put a roof on Sun Trust Park.
            What a silly name for a ballpark. Is that some big corporate financial institution down in Atlanta that owns a bunch of banks or investment firms or something?

Comment

What do you think the odds are for Freeman winning the MVP this year? He's really impressed me.
              Pretty slim. I'm not sure if he can improve on last years numbers... 2016 seems like his ceiling to me. There's too many good players in the NL. He's not even the best 1b imo

Comment

Slim, yes. Whatever he did last year is probably unreachable this year. The Braves are going to finish under .500 again, so he's getting a few votes, and everyone's going to say "What's wrong with him?".
                46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

What a silly name for a ballpark. Is that some big corporate financial institution down in Atlanta that owns a bunch of banks or investment firms or something?
                  It could be worse. It could be Guaranteed Rate Field.
                  The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                    It could be worse. It could be Guaranteed Rate Field.
                    Hahaha! I agree, that one REALLY doesn't roll off the tongue!

I say honor Hammerin Hank by naming a park after him. The man deserves it.

Comment

Hahaha! I agree, that one REALLY doesn't roll off the tongue!

I say honor Hammerin Hank by naming a park after him. The man deserves it.
                      He does have a stadium named after him; Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile.
                      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                        He does have a stadium named after him; Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile.
                        Brilliant! Actually seems more fitting than a financial institution. I like parks that are named after people. Makes me wonder, "who is Kauffman?" or "who is Humphrey?"

Comment

Ewing Kauffman was the original owner of the Royals who brought baseball back to KC after Charlie Finley totally destroyed it. He was very well liked by everyone in KC.

Humphrey, and I will assume you are talking about Hubert Horatio Humphrey, was a senior Senator from the state of Minnesota. He was the VP of the US under Lyndon Johnson from 65-88 and ran unsuccessfully against Nixon in 1968.

He was instrumental in funding for the Metro dome hence they named the stadium after him.

Sun Trust Field should have been named Hank Aaron field but then again, the Aaron family doesn't have the money required for the naming rights. Incidentally, the same could be said for Citi Field but neither the Stengel nor the Robinson families could match Citi Banks $40M 'donation".

Brilliant! Actually seems more fitting than a financial institution. I like parks that are named after people. Makes me wonder, "who is Kauffman?" or "who is Humphrey?"
                          North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Indeed. Obviously, it's more beneficial for the organization to sell the naming rights for the money, but still. Maybe they could think of something people might actually find more favorable than SunTrust or Guaranteed Rate that is still marketable for their company, haha!

Comment

Not an ideal opening series. The win in game 2 was enjoyable though. Someone besides Kemp has gotta start hitting.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X