Congratulations Juan Pierre!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Juan Pierre!

You finally got your on-base percentage above .300. Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by otis89
    You finally got your on-base percentage above .300. Keep up the good work!
    Yeah, when he gets on he can change the entire complexion of the game. He has to learn to take more counts to 2-2 & 3-2, even if it occasionaly means taking the 3'rd strike. The struggleing Cubs right now have a reputation of "swinging on everything" and they have to show more patience. Just follow D. Lee's example. You dont see him swinging at crap. Even when %80 of what he sees is crap.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

I'm happy to say, I am no longer dissapointed when Juan Pierre comes up in clutch situations. The last ten games he's been batting .381. Maybe the return of Derrek Lee?

Comment

our hitting struggles are not hard to figure out. If we swing at everything, why even bother throwing anything hittable?

Comment

Pierre has found his stroke, too bad for him and the Cubs it's probably too late this season. Since June 10th, his OBP is over 400. The good news is it will raise Juan's trade value if the Cubs choose to shop him at the deadline. Bad news is, it will raise Juan's asking price (higher than it was during his slump) this offseason when he asks for a new contract. And Hendry is greatly considering it, especially with the way Pie has played this season.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

He's starting to play ball like....like....like....Juan Pierre. I, and other baseball people in Chicago, had high expectations of him when he first came here. He's a LOH that can hit for good average and can be impossable to stop on the base paths. If he ends the year playing to his potential then he should be re-signed.
            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

I was disappointed when we traded for him, and even more disappointed at his play up very recently. But one hot streak doesn't make up for sucking so hard all year long. The leadoff spot was a hole last year, and it's been a hole this year too, just with a more expensive name filling that hole.

They should take advantage of this hot streak and trade him off as quickly as possible, before he cools back off again and his trade value returns to near nothing.
              Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

He'll be fine. I knew he would come around, it just sucks that people behind him can't move him over or even drive him in. We can't win for losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                  Yeah, when he gets on he can change the entire complexion of the game. He has to learn to take more counts to 2-2 & 3-2, even if it occasionaly means taking the 3'rd strike. The struggleing Cubs right now have a reputation of "swinging on everything" and they have to show more patience. Just follow D. Lee's example. You dont see him swinging at crap. Even when %80 of what he sees is crap.
                  Pierre has never been one to draw many walks, he has just gotten his reputation as a good lead off hitter because he's a good bunter, he's fast, and he doesn't strike out often... You're rarely going to see him go deep into a count...

Originally posted by Lipsander
                  He'll be fine. I knew he would come around, it just sucks that people behind him can't move him over or even drive him in. We can't win for losing.
                  Because is on base percentage has risen from unbelivable to unacceptable he is coming around? He has been the worst player in the starting lineup this year, he hasn't been getting on base, how can people "move him over or drive him in?"

Comment

Originally posted by pucks214
                    Because is on base percentage has risen from unbelivable to unacceptable he is coming around?
                    A .317 OBP is good for a Cubs leadoff hitter. Our leadoff hitters had a combined .299 OBP last year or something close to that.

Comment

A .317 OBP is good for a Cubs leadoff hitter. Our leadoff hitters had a combined .299 OBP last year or something close to that.
                      That's an odd state of mind...

Comment

Of course the issue is if you dont re-sign Pierre as a LOH who do you have lead off in 2007? yes, I know, Felix.........but its an awful big weight on a young kids shoulders to be a LOH , all of a sudden, in the bigs with 40,000 a game watching every pitch.

My guess is the Cubs wont resign Pierre.

Comment

Originally posted by pucks214
                          That's an odd state of mind...
                          It's the truth though. Pierre is now officially an improvement over last year.

Comment

It's the truth though. Pierre is now officially an improvement over last year.
                            you would do well to guard yourself against accepting mediocrity. it how the Pirates and Royals and Reds and Rangers end up where they are so consistantly.
                            RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
                            Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
                            Infamous butcher,
                            Angel of Death

Comment

it is? it may seem good. all you can say is its better than last years. not much more than that.

now, if he can get that OBP to say .350 we are talking acceptable range.

WSN, they do need a Leadoff hitter for next year. Its not Pie, that much is obvious. guy is struggling in AAA so i dont see that happening unless he has some kind of monster turnaround.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X