Congratulations Juan Pierre!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
    Yes he can void his contract but will he really get more then 11.5 m with his current stats? Maybe! But I dont think he'll get it without playing the field, and actually he's a little better defensive 3'rd baseman then a lot of people give him credit for.
    Considering this offseason's free agency third baseman class is atrocious: Edgardo Alfonzo
    Rich Aurilia, Tony Batista, David Bell, Mark Bellhorn, Geoff Blum, Aaron Boone, Vinny Castilla, Jeff Cirillo, Pedro Feliz, Tony Graffanino, Wes Helms, Aubrey Huff, Joe Randa, and Scott Spiezio. Ramirez would easily be the top 3B, and at 28 years old, he could still probably get a guarenteed contract for five years and maybe get one on the lines that Beltre got from the Mariners at 5years/64million.

Juan got 3 hits again last night and he's up to .274/.319. I haven't watched the Cubs for a few games but the last times I did Pierre is obviously playing with more passion, and far more aggressively, "he was far to tentative in the first months". Lets wait and see how he develops. A Juan Pierre playing, hitting, and running, his best baseball is a big asset.
    Yes Pierre is on a month long hot streak, but can he keep it up? He had a similiar run for the Marlins last year in June-July before coming back down. Hopefully, he's got his act together but I'm not sold.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X