Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O yeah blows saves too!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • O yeah blows saves too!

    I predict good ole' blow a save a day keep the doctor away, Ryan Dempster will no longer be the closer for the cubs, I think he will be demoted into the setup role and the closer job will be given to eyre. He just cannot throw strikes on a consistent basis what so ever. He just plain out blows, and he blows saves.

  • #2
    Well he doesn't have much help defensivly as you saw in the second game of the latest Brewers vs. Cubs seiries.

    But I do agree that this is probably the last year of his closer career.

    I actually see the Cubs in the inevitable overhall of thier staff will probably get a new guy in there that has proven himself either in the Bigs or in triple A.
    GO BREWERS

    Comment


    • #3
      I cant remember the last time Ive seen the bleachers empty out so much garbage onto the field as they did when Dempster gave up the pitch to AJ. Boy, these are tough days to be a Cubs fan.
      "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, everyone else has had their chances to hop on the Bashing Bandwagon, I guess this is Dempster's turn.


        It's pretty amazing to me that Dusty would continually trot Latroy out in save situations during a time we were actually in a race for a playoff spot, but after Dempster struggles a little in a wasted season while getting absolutely no consistant work, Dusty is all over him.

        There's plenty of worse problems on the team. If those problems were to be fixed and he was getting the same number of opps he as getting last year, Dempster would be fine.
        Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

        Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

        Comment


        • #5
          struggles a little? hes struggled all season. hes given him more chances than he gave latroy, thats for sure.

          has he had a 1-2-3 save yet this year?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rockin500
            struggles a little? hes struggled all season. hes given him more chances than he gave latroy, thats for sure.

            has he had a 1-2-3 save yet this year?

            I'm not even going to dignify your first little bit of nonsense with a response.


            As for your 1-2-3 question, yes he has.
            Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

            Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
              I'm not even going to dignify your first little bit of nonsense with a response.


              As for your 1-2-3 question, yes he has.
              he's struggled all season. or at least since late april. if you consider that nonsense, thats your own problem, not mine.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rockin500
                he's struggled all season. or at least since late april. if you consider that nonsense, thats your own problem, not mine.
                Not late April, late May.

                3 save opps from May 1st to May 21st was a real problem, and it's why has been hit or miss since then. That's the point I was trying to make about the lack of consistant work causing problems.


                The biggest chunk of nonsense was your appearent defense of Latroy, there's just no excuse for that kind of thinking.
                Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

                Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
                  Not late April, late May.

                  3 save opps from May 1st to May 21st was a real problem, and it's why has been hit or miss since then. That's the point I was trying to make about the lack of consistant work causing problems.


                  The biggest chunk of nonsense was your appearent defense of Latroy, there's just no excuse for that kind of thinking.
                  latroy? defense of him? good lord no. in 2004, latroy wasnt terrible but no on in the pen was all that good anyways. latroy was fine until the meltdown in new york about 1o games in advance of the end of the season. in 2005, his leash was pulled in may.

                  i agree that lack of consistent work is having problems, but at some point, hes gotta get over the lack of tough work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rockin500
                    latroy? defense of him? good lord no. in 2004, latroy wasnt terrible but no on in the pen was all that good anyways. latroy was fine until the meltdown in new york about 1o games in advance of the end of the season. in 2005, his leash was pulled in may.
                    Well, I think Latroy was a damn sight from "fine", but if that's how you want to remember things, so be it.

                    Dempster is exceedingly better in the closer role than Latroy ever was.
                    Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

                    Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
                      Well, I think Latroy was a damn sight from "fine", but if that's how you want to remember things, so be it.

                      Dempster is exceedingly better in the closer role than Latroy ever was.
                      depends on how you want to view it. in 2 and 3 run situations, he was fine. look at the numbers that year. how many of his blown saves that year were in one run situations and how many were in two/three run? asking him to save a one run game was definitely not fine, I'll grant you that much. but if they were asking him to save a 2-3 run game, he was effective enough.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nearly anybody in the game could be a closer if he was only used in 3-run save situations. That's not a closer, that's a mop-up guy.


                        http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...5336&year=2004

                        Take a look at how he did in the close games and you'll see why I never liked him. He was brought in to be a late-inning shutdown arm out of the pen, but he was worthless in 1-run or tie games. This particular game I was sitting in the seats, and it was one of the most digusting feelings I've ever had at a game.

                        http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=240720116
                        Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

                        Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rockin500
                          struggles a little? hes struggled all season. hes given him more chances than he gave latroy, thats for sure.

                          has he had a 1-2-3 save yet this year?
                          3 perfect "3 up 3 down" saves and one "3 batters faced" save which included a walk and a double play.

                          http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

                          http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

                          http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

                          http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
                          BELIEVE

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Dempster has struggled since August.
                            RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

                            AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

                            Angel of Death
                            Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
                            Infamous butcher,
                            Angel of Death

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X